Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'I'm Carolyn Parker' on Your iPhone or iPad POV and PBS presents a free exclusive sneak preview of I'm Carolyn Parker starting Monday September 17, 2012 only on the PBS video apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Have any weekend plans? How about these screenings of POV premieres and encores hosted by our community partners across the country.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Nominee 'Better This World' The Emmy-nominated film 'Better This World' about two men accused of intending to firebomb the 2008 RNC, and the controversial FBI informant involved in their case, is now available for streaming!
- Making a War Documentary: A Twitter Chat with Heather Courtney (Where Soldiers Come From) Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings As the drug war intensifies and the risks to journalists become greater, will the free press be silenced? Catch Reportero this month at a series of exciting screenings throughout the U.S.
- Meet Wendy Phillips, POV Premiere Party Winner! Congratulations to Wendy Phillips, one of the lucky POV Premiere Party Pack winners! Wendy invited friends over to watch POV documentaries, entered the Premiere Party Giveaway, and won autographed film memorabilia, dvds, books, official film posters, fair trade and organic coffee, chocolate, tea, popcorn and more!
- I'm Carolyn Parker: An Update on Hurricane Isaac Daniel Wolff, author of 'The Fight for Home: How (Parts of) New Orleans Came Back' provides a brief update on how Carolyn Parker is weathering Hurricane Isaac in the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans.
- Community Partner Profile: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai'i On Thursday, August 16, 2012, ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai‘i hosted a screening of The City Dark in its planetarium. The film fascinated its members, who were introduced to the science of the dark and explored our relationship with the stars.
- Next on POV: 'Where Soldiers Come From' Watch the Emmy-nominated documentary about childhood friends who journey from a snowy, small town in northern Michigan to the mountains of Afghanistan. Broadcast Date: Thursday, September 6, 2012, on POV.
- Community Partner Profile: Bronx Documentary Center
- Writing The WGA Doc Screenplay Winner 'Better This World' Katie Galloway and Kelly Duane de la Vega, who won the WGA Best Documentary Screenplay award for Better This World earlier this year, explain what it means to "write" a doc.
- Next on POV: 'Better This World' Watch a documentary about two friends accused of intending to firebomb the Republican National Convention that goes to the heart of the war on terror in post-9/11 America. Broadcast Date: Thursday, August 30, 2012, on POV.
- New Barriers to Voting and the Legacy of the Foot Soldiers of the Civil Rights Movement How much has changed since President Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act into law?
- Next on POV: 'Presumed Guilty' Watch the Emmy Award-winning documentary about a man who was in the wrong place at the wrong time by first-time filmmakers who turned into "lawyers with cameras." Presumed Guilty airs Thursday, August 23, 2012, on PBS.
- Give Up Tomorrow at The Brooklyn Museum 8/23 Join us Thursday at The Brooklyn Museum for the Brooklyn premiere of Give Up Tomorrow with filmmakers Michael Collins and Marty Syjuco and editor Eric Daniel Metzger in attendance for a Q&A after the screening.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings As we make our way through August, community partners across the country continue to host public screenings of POV premieres, encores and films from the archive. Here are some of their upcoming events.
- Next on POV: 'Steam of Life' POV's 25th season continues with an encore of the moving Finnish film framed by a national obsession with the sauna. Steam of Life airs Thursday, August 16, 2012, on PBS.
- 'The Barber of Birmingham' in Yonkers, New York On July 5, 2012, the Yonkers Community Action Program hosted a pre-broadcast screening of The Barber of Birmingham at the Yonkers Riverfront Library.