Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Community Spotlight: Joe's Violin at JCC Manhattan Set to premiere on POV July 24, Joe’s Violin captures the history behind the violin Joe once traded for a pack of cigarettes in a camp for displaced persons, and documents the unlikely friendship he forges with 12-year-old Bronx girl Brianna Perez after he donates the violin to an instrument drive.
- Eight Independent Documentaries To Stream for Free This Spring Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: The Color of Change is #LOVE Edythe Boone is an artist/activist driven by the practice of engaging others through public art and mural making.
- Featured Event: Hooligan Sparrow at Cultivate Cinema Circle, Buffalo Featured Event: Join Cultivate Cinema Circle for a free screening of Nanfu Wang's Hooligan Sparrow!
- Featured Event: 'Special Flight' at Mini Microcinema, Cincinnati Join the University of Cincinnati Center for Film and Media Studies for a free screening and discussion of 'Special Flight' and related shorts.
- Featured Event: 'Don't Tell Anyone' at DreamWeek San Antonio Join DreamWeek for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'.
- American Documentary's Year in Review With the new year in sight, it's a great time to look back on 2016. Here are some of our favorite highlights.
- Featured Event: 'In the Light of Reverence' at Chamizal National Memorial Theatre Join the Chamizal National Memorial and the National Park Service for a free screening of In Light of Reverence. For more information, call (915) 532-7273 (x.126).
- See How POV and 'All the Difference' Used Film to Mobilize Audiences Around College Graduation In partnership with American Graduate and leading organizations around the country, the POV and 'All the Difference' teams launched the national Make All the Difference campaign to support first-generation students on the path to college completion. Read the highlights in the full report.
- Featured Event: KUED and Sorenson Unity Center Present 'From This Day Forward' Join KUED and Sorenson Unity Center for a free screening of 'From This Day Forward.'
- POV Awards Grants to PBS Stations as Part of the Make All the Difference Campaign Thanks to the generous support from CPB, leading up to the All the Difference national broadcast, POV awarded grants to five public television stations to organize high-profile regional activities and screenings.
- Featured Event: The Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education presents 'The Return' Join the Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education for a free screening of 'The Return' followed by a facilitated discussion and Q&A session with Byrd Center staff and Shepherd University faculty.
- POV's Picks: Native American Heritage Month Celebrate Native American Heritage Month with stories from native communities this November on PBS and WORLD Channel.
- MBK Milestone Discussion and 'All the Difference' Screening at the White House On November 1st, more than 200 education leaders, students and community members gathered at the White House for a special screening and discussion of All the Difference, hosted by the White House's My Brother's Keeper initiative.
- POV's Picks: Four Ways to Recognize National Adoption Month This November, POV honors and celebrates National Adoption Month with films and materials available to screen, explore, and discuss.
- POV's Picks: Elections, Civic Engagement and Our Democracy As voters head to the polls, take a moment to reflect on civic engagement as it stands today in the U.S. and abroad.
- Featured Event: The University of Kentucky and the Japan America Society of Kentucky present 'The Birth of Saké' Join the The University of Kentucky and the Japan America Society of Kentucky for a free screening of the documentary 'The Birth of Sake' followed by a Japanese cooking demonstration.
- 'We The Voters' Turns Spotlight Back on Our Democracy With only six days left until Election Day, a new series of videos aims to redirect the conversation back to us, the voters.