Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Looking to stay cool this weekend? Beat the heat with POV's Season 25 premieres and encores.
- 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Pulls at Critics' Heartstrings Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary Up Heartbreak Hill, which follows two Navajo teens living on a New Mexico reservation. Premieres July 26, 2012, on PBS.
- Next on POV: 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Two Navajo teens are torn between the lure of opportunities outside their remote reservation community and the cultural ties that bind them to home. Premieres Thursday, July 26, 2012 on POV.
- Documentary Filmmaking in the Middle East: A Twitter Chat with the Filmmakers of 'The Light In Her Eyes' Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, July 24, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. The filmmakers behind 'The Light In Her Eyes' will answer questions about making documentaries in the Middle East.
- Join POV & Filmwax at The Brooklyn Museum for Jonathan Demme's I'm Carolyn Parker We're excited to begin our second year of Thursdays @ 7 screenings with the Brooklyn Museum. And this year we're glad to have Filmwax Film Series as a presenting partner!
- Community Partner Profile: Portland Public Library in Maine Portland Public Library in Portland, Maine is in its second year of organizing POV screenings and discussions. We recently talked with Programming Manager Rachael Weyand about the library, the film series and the Portland community.
- Next on POV: 'The Light In Her Eyes' A portrait of a leader, filmed before the start of the Syrian uprising, who challenges women to live according to Islam without giving up their dreams. Premieres Thursday, July 19, 2012 on POV.
- Critics Say This POV Doc Opens Eyes and Sheds Light on Islamic Women The Light in Her Eyes premieres tomorrow night, July 19, 2012, on PBS stations. Read what critics are saying about the film.
- Love, Hate or Relate: Viewers React to 'Guilty Pleasures' Julie Moggan's Guilty Pleasures premiered on POV last week, starting on July 12, 2012. Some viewers took a cue from the documentary and fell in love with the film. Others were turned off by the film's portrayal of romance readers and authors.
- Watch 'Where the Heart Roams' Online! The classic POV documentary about romance novels and their passionate fans, is streaming on POV's website for the first time!
- Romance Novel Caption Contest: Cover #5 With the broadcast and streaming of Guilty Pleasures and Where the Heart Roams, we're asking you for your best titles and back cover descriptions of would-be romance novel covers.
- Romance Novel Caption Contest: Cover #4 With the broadcast and streaming of Guilty Pleasures and Where the Heart Roams, we're asking you for your best titles and back cover descriptions of would-be romance novel covers.
- Need More Fabio in Your Life? Host a 'Guilty Pleasures' Premiere Party! Watch Guilty Pleasures with friends and enter for a chance to win a signed Fabio photo, official film poster, Divine Chocolate Medallions and more!
- Romance Novel Caption Contest: Cover #3 With the broadcast and streaming of Guilty Pleasures and Where the Heart Roams, we're asking you for your best titles and back cover descriptions of would-be romance novel covers.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Screenings of POV premieres and encores are happening across the country!
- The Evolution of the Romance Novel (Infographic) The rapid rise of romance e-books has allowed the racy Fifty Shades trilogy to become a viral bestseller.
- Romance Novel Caption Contest: Cover #2 It's a caption contest for romance novel covers! In honor of the POV broadcast and streaming of the documentaries Guilty Pleasures and Where the Heart Roams, give us your best titles and descriptions for images if they were romance novel covers!
- Critics Indulge in POV's 'Guilty Pleasures' Julie Moggan's Guilty Pleasures premieres on POV tonight, July 12, 2012. Critics have lauded the film for the balance it strikes between humor and profundity.