Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Romance Novel Caption Contest: Cover #1 It's a caption contest for romance novel covers! In honor of the POV broadcast and streaming of the documentaries Guilty Pleasures and Where the Heart Roams, give us your best titles and descriptions for potential romance novels.
- Next on POV: 'Guilty Pleasures' An amusing and touching documentary that looks at the global phenomenon of romance novels. Premieres on POV this Thursday, July 12, 2012.
- 'The City Dark' Elicits Starry Memories From POV Viewers Ian Cheney's The City Dark, which premiered on POV on July 5, 2012, has prompted viewers to share their own stories about the night sky.
- Catching Up With Ian Cheney of 'The City Dark' In July 2012, POV caught up with filmmaker Ian Cheney of 'The City Dark' to find out how the film has been received, and changes he's seen people making in order to combat light pollution.
- New America NYC: Reportero: Screening and Conversation Just a week after the Mexican elections, join The New America Foundation, Human Rights Watch and POV for an advance screening of Reportero. The screening will be followed by a discussion on journalism's contribution to society and the new state of Mexican politics.
- Critics Star-Struck by 'The City Dark' We love Ian Cheney's stunningly beautiful, humorous and informative film about the effects of light pollution on our bodies, minds and skies — and critics do, too.
- Revisiting 'Critical Condition' A month before the 2008 presidential election, a POV film brought the issue of uninsured Americans to the forefront. Four years later, the Supreme Court's decision to uphold President Obama's Affordable Care Act is piquing debate once again.
- Next on POV: 'The City Dark' POV's 25th season continues with a documentary that explores the physical and psychological effects of light pollution.
- “Powerful and Chilling” Viewers of Granito: How to Nail a Dictator have told us they were profoundly moved by the film. Read some of their comments, then join the conversation.
- Expand Your POV at The Little Theatre In honor of POV's 25th anniversary season, The Little Theatre and WXXI Present “POV: Three Days of Docs.”
- 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator' – The Critics Speak (Updated) Tonight, Granito: How to Nail a Dictator airs on POV. Read what the critics have to say about this gripping film.
- June 27 is PTSD Awareness Day POV announces a new partnership with Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011) and The Bob Woodruff Foundation. In commemoration of PTSD Awareness Day, learn ways you can get involved with veterans and educate your communities about the issues they face in returning to civilian life.
- Next on POV: 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator' POV's 25th season of independent nonfiction on PBS continues with a film about how Pamela Yates’ 1983 documentary, When the Mountains Tremble, provided key evidence for a stunning milestone for justice.
- Viewers React to 'My Reincarnation' Last week, My Reincarnation premiered on PBS, kicking off POV's 25th season. Viewers have been posting their reactions to the film, which spans 20 years and chronicles the relationship between a Tibetan Buddhist master and his Western-born son.
- The Legacy of the Vincent Chin Case, 30 Years Later Revisiting Vincent, a theatrical adaptation of the Vincent Chin case, was performed at New York Law School. Watch a video of the performance.
- Mobile Selects Download the PBS mobile video app for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Kindle Tablet and watch POV documentaries before they air on television!
- Critical Acclaim for 'My Reincarnation': Watch it Tonight My Reincarnation airs tonight on PBS, launching POV's 25th season. It's a poignant tale about family, spirituality and personal growth — and critics agree.
- POV's 25th Anniversary In 2012, POV celebrates 25 years of broadcasting on PBS!