Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'El Velador' Premieres Tonight Organizations around the country are spreading the word about the September 27, 2012, broadcast of El Velador on PBS using POV's partner toolkit. Find how you can join in.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Emmy Nominee 'Last Train Home' Last Train Home takes viewers on a heart-stopping journey with the Zhangs, a couple who left infant children behind for factory jobs 16 years ago, hoping their wages would lift their children to a better life. Watch now!
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'El Velador' on Your iPhone or iPad Just announced! You can now watch Natalia Almada's striking 'El Velador (The Night Watchman)' before the U.S. broadcast premiere on September 27, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Emmy Nominee 'Armadillo' For six months, often while under fire, Janus Metz and cameraman Lars Skree captured the lives of young soldiers fighting the Taliban in a hostile and confusing environment. Watch now!
- Next on POV: 'El Velador' Natalia Almada returns to POV with a beautiful and mesmerizing new film about violence without violence. Premieres Thursday, September 27, 2012 on POV.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Four Best Documentary Nominees Now Streaming on POV! Good news doc lovers! POV is pleased to announce streaming of many of its documentaries up for Emmy awards this year, including the four POV films that are up for Best Documentary!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings As we slowly transition into fall, community partners across the nation are hosting public screenings of POV Season 25 premieres and films from the archive. Here are a few events to check out this weekend and throughout the week.
- Critics Praise 'I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful' Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful, which follows one woman as she struggles to rebuild her home after Hurricane Katrina. Premieres September 21, 2012, on PBS.
- Birmingham Public Library Hosts Civil Rights Activists at Fall Screening Series In anticipation of the presidential elections, the Birmingham Public Library is hosting a special screening series of The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement across fourteen branches in September and October.
- Next on POV: 'I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful' The story of a lifelong resident of the Lower Ninth Ward who fights for the right to rebuild her home and her community. Premieres Thursday, September 20, 2012 on POV.
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'I'm Carolyn Parker' on Your iPhone or iPad POV and PBS presents a free exclusive sneak preview of I'm Carolyn Parker starting Monday September 17, 2012 only on the PBS video apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Have any weekend plans? How about these screenings of POV premieres and encores hosted by our community partners across the country.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Nominee 'Better This World' The Emmy-nominated film 'Better This World' about two men accused of intending to firebomb the 2008 RNC, and the controversial FBI informant involved in their case, is now available for streaming!
- Making a War Documentary: A Twitter Chat with Heather Courtney (Where Soldiers Come From) Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings As the drug war intensifies and the risks to journalists become greater, will the free press be silenced? Catch Reportero this month at a series of exciting screenings throughout the U.S.
- Meet Wendy Phillips, POV Premiere Party Winner! Congratulations to Wendy Phillips, one of the lucky POV Premiere Party Pack winners! Wendy invited friends over to watch POV documentaries, entered the Premiere Party Giveaway, and won autographed film memorabilia, dvds, books, official film posters, fair trade and organic coffee, chocolate, tea, popcorn and more!
- I'm Carolyn Parker: An Update on Hurricane Isaac Daniel Wolff, author of 'The Fight for Home: How (Parts of) New Orleans Came Back' provides a brief update on how Carolyn Parker is weathering Hurricane Isaac in the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans.
- Community Partner Profile: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai'i On Thursday, August 16, 2012, ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai‘i hosted a screening of The City Dark in its planetarium. The film fascinated its members, who were introduced to the science of the dark and explored our relationship with the stars.