Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- The Results Are In! POV Educators Give Feedback For National Teacher Appreciation Week POV is sharing some inspiring stats and anecdotes from our 2011 Educator's Survey.
- It's a Great Day for Independent Film and Public Television We're excited to announce, with PBS and ITVS, a new strategy to boost the year-round audience for POV and Independent Lens. Beginning this fall, both series will switch to Monday nights.
- Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS Simon Kilmurry, Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV, will be participating in the "Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS" panel hosted by the International Documentary Association (IDA) on May 10th.
- This Sunday: Sweetgrass Screens in Barn at Queens County Farm This Sunday, celebrate Queens County Farm with sheep shearing and spinning demos, farm tours, live music, hay rides, wine tasting, some of the city's best food trucks and a screening of POV's Sweetgrass in the farm's barn complex.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Check out where in the country POV films will be screening this weekend...
- “Listening Is an Act of Love” at Georgetown Public Library This May Librarian Sheri Miklaski tells POV about the Georgetown (Texas) Public Library's month of programming around the StoryCorps interview collection Listening is an Act of Love and POV's StoryCorps Animated Shorts.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Check out where in the country POV films will be screening this weekend and next week...
- Getting Your Film on Public Television: A Twitter Chat with POV Series Producer Yance Ford Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, at 7 PM Eastern. POV Series Producer Yance Ford will answer questions about how filmmakers can navigate the public TV submission process.
- POV's Annual Call for Entries is Now Open! The PBS documentary series POV is seeking independent nonfiction films for broadcast in 2013 and beyond. Submit your film by Friday, June 29, 2012.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Weekend plans? Whether you're in Oklahoma or the Pacific Northwest screenings are happening nationwide!
- 2012 Webby Award Nominees in the Documentary and Social Issue Categories The Webby Awards has announced its nominees for 2012, and the list of honorees includes StoryCorps Shorts: September 11 Stories!
- Where Soldiers Come From: Upcoming Screenings & Events Where Soldiers Come From screens at events across the country, including the Corcoran College's Arts and the Military Conference, and "Monthly Movies" at the National Veterans Art Museum, showcasing a mural painted by Dominic the week leading up to the screening.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Seltzer Works' Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! The short film Seltzer Works profiles third-generation seltzer-filler Kenny Gomberg, the last bottler in Brooklyn.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'The Archive' Watch this Emmy-nominated short film about a man and his giant record collection (that no one wants), then vote for it and it be the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival!
- A Peabody Award for “StoryCorps 9/11” StoryCorps and NPR Morning Edition's showcase of interviews with victims' relatives and survivors of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks has won a George Foster Peabody Award.
- POV's 'My Perestroika' Wins a Peabody! Robin Hessman's film about the last generation of Soviet children has won a prestigious George Foster Peabody Award.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 34x25x36 Watch and vote for 34x25x26, a short film that shows the inner workings of the Patina V Mannequin Factory and the musings of the designers who decide what the perfect female body should look like.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Flawed' Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! In the animated film Flawed, a woman is uneasy about beginning a relationship with a plastic surgeon.