Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- POV's 25th Anniversary In 2012, POV celebrates 25 years of broadcasting on PBS!
- Reportero at Human Rights Watch Film Festival Reportero will premiere in New York as part of the 2012 Human Rights Watch Film Festival.
- Next on POV: My Reincarnation POV kicks off its 25th season with a documentary that follows a Buddhist teacher's rise in the West, while his son, recognized as the reincarnation of a Buddhist master, breaks away to embrace the modern world.
- POV at Silverdocs 2012: Panels & Events Are you in Washington, D.C., for the Silverdocs Documentary Festival? Meet POV staffers at these conference panels and events this week!
- Five Films That Inspired Jennifer Fox's My Reincarnation While researching My Reincarnation, filmmaker Jennifer Fox looked for both films about Tibetan Buddhism (of which there are few) and other films from around the world with similar themes.
- El Velador at MoMA & POV Filmmakers in Conversation Filmmakers Lourdes Portillo and Natalia Almada will be in conversation at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City on June 23. Almada's El Velador starts a week-long theatrical engagement at MoMA on June 14 and a retrospective of Portillo's work will run through June 30.
- An Independent in Wonderland In 1988, Documentary Magazine featured an article written by Marc Weiss, POV's series creator and then executive producer, during POV's first year on PBS. Read what he had to say about getting the series off the ground and on public broadcasting.
- Upcoming POV Sneak Preview Screenings Community partners across the country are hosting pre-broadcast sneak preview screenings of upcoming POV films.
- POV's 25th Anniversary Season Launch Party Celebration Day Earlier this week at POV's launch party, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz officially proclaimed June 5, 2012 as POV's 25th Anniversary Season Launch Party Celebration Day, recognizing the series for bringing acclaimed international documentaries to the Brooklyn community and beyond since 1988.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Community partners across the country are hosting pre-broadcast sneak preview screenings of the upcoming POV film The City Dark.
- Announcing the First POV Hackathon POV is launching a unique opportunity for filmmakers and developers to re-invent the documentary for the web. This is a call for participants.
- The Road to Success: What “Racing Dreams,” Sadie Nash, and my POV Internship Did for Me Keyana Cumberbatch-Walters is a high school intern who joined POV through Sadie Nash Leadership Project. As her POV internship draws to a close, she shares how Sadie Nash, POV and the documentary Racing Dreams have influenced her.
- Art and Storytelling: My POV Internship Experience Kim Lopez is a Community Engagement and Education intern from the Center for Arts Education. A senior in high school, she is passionate about photography and film and shares her experience interning with POV.
- Watch This Look Back at 25 Years of Independent Film on POV Watch a reel celebrating POV's 25 years of broadcasting on PBS!
- Video: Roger Ebert & Michael Apted Discuss the Legacy of the 'Up' Series Watch an interview between Michael Apted (The Up series) and film critic Roger Ebert from when POV aired 49 Up in 2007.
- 'Where Soldiers Come From' Mural-in-Progress – Day 5 with Dom Dominic (Dom) Fredianelli, one of the subjects of Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011), is in the National Veterans Art Museum this week working on a mural that will be unveiled this Saturday, followed by a film screening and artist’s talk.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Community events continue across the country, including sneak preview screenings of our upcoming 25th anniversary season.
- 'Where Soldiers Come From' Mural-in-Progress – Day 4 with Dom Dominic (Dom) Fredianelli, one of the subjects of Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011), is in the National Veterans Art Museum this week working on a mural that will be unveiled this Saturday, followed by a film screening and artist’s talk.