Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- 'Where Soldiers Come From' Mural-in-Progress – Day 2 with Dom Dominic (Dom) Fredianelli, one of the subjects of Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011), is in the National Veterans Art Museum this week working on a mural that will be unveiled this Saturday, along with a film screening and artist’s talk.
- 'Where Soldiers Come From' Mural-in-Progress – Day 1 with Dom Dominic (Dom) Fredianelli, one of the subjects of Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011), is in the National Veterans Art Museum this week working on a mural that will be unveiled this Saturday, along with a film screening and artist's talk.
- May 31: Navigating Funding and Broadcast Opportunities in Public Television Join POV and ITVS for a forum about funding and broadcast opportunities for independents in New York City on May 31, 2012.
- 7 Artists Take On The 'Up' Series (Slideshow) Every seven years since 1964, Michael Apted has visited Up series participants to check in and find out how they're doing. We asked seven artists to create a visual representation of those years.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Community screenings continue across the country, including two sneak previews of My Reincarnation (POV 2012), a special screening of In the Matter of Cha Jung Hee (POV 2010) with filmmaker Deann Borshay Liem present, and a Memorial Day program at the National Veterans Art Museum featuring a free screening of Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011).
- Preview POV's 25th Season Watch a video preview of the films coming up in the 2012 season of POV!
- Join a “Social Screening” of the Peabody Award-Winning StoryCorps Animated Shorts Join POV, StoryCorps and ITVS for a special "social" screening of StoryCorps Shorts on Tuesday, May 15.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings POV community screenings continue across the country, including one of our first sneak previews of My Reincarnation (POV 2012).
- The Results Are In! POV Educators Give Feedback For National Teacher Appreciation Week POV is sharing some inspiring stats and anecdotes from our 2011 Educator's Survey.
- It's a Great Day for Independent Film and Public Television We're excited to announce, with PBS and ITVS, a new strategy to boost the year-round audience for POV and Independent Lens. Beginning this fall, both series will switch to Monday nights.
- Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS Simon Kilmurry, Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV, will be participating in the "Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS" panel hosted by the International Documentary Association (IDA) on May 10th.
- This Sunday: Sweetgrass Screens in Barn at Queens County Farm This Sunday, celebrate Queens County Farm with sheep shearing and spinning demos, farm tours, live music, hay rides, wine tasting, some of the city's best food trucks and a screening of POV's Sweetgrass in the farm's barn complex.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Check out where in the country POV films will be screening this weekend...
- “Listening Is an Act of Love” at Georgetown Public Library This May Librarian Sheri Miklaski tells POV about the Georgetown (Texas) Public Library's month of programming around the StoryCorps interview collection Listening is an Act of Love and POV's StoryCorps Animated Shorts.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Check out where in the country POV films will be screening this weekend and next week...
- Getting Your Film on Public Television: A Twitter Chat with POV Series Producer Yance Ford Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, at 7 PM Eastern. POV Series Producer Yance Ford will answer questions about how filmmakers can navigate the public TV submission process.
- POV's Annual Call for Entries is Now Open! The PBS documentary series POV is seeking independent nonfiction films for broadcast in 2013 and beyond. Submit your film by Friday, June 29, 2012.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Weekend plans? Whether you're in Oklahoma or the Pacific Northwest screenings are happening nationwide!