Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator' – The Critics Speak (Updated) Tonight, Granito: How to Nail a Dictator airs on POV. Read what the critics have to say about this gripping film.
- June 27 is PTSD Awareness Day POV announces a new partnership with Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011) and The Bob Woodruff Foundation. In commemoration of PTSD Awareness Day, learn ways you can get involved with veterans and educate your communities about the issues they face in returning to civilian life.
- Next on POV: 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator' POV's 25th season of independent nonfiction on PBS continues with a film about how Pamela Yates’ 1983 documentary, When the Mountains Tremble, provided key evidence for a stunning milestone for justice.
- Viewers React to 'My Reincarnation' Last week, My Reincarnation premiered on PBS, kicking off POV's 25th season. Viewers have been posting their reactions to the film, which spans 20 years and chronicles the relationship between a Tibetan Buddhist master and his Western-born son.
- The Legacy of the Vincent Chin Case, 30 Years Later Revisiting Vincent, a theatrical adaptation of the Vincent Chin case, was performed at New York Law School. Watch a video of the performance.
- Mobile Selects Download the PBS mobile video app for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Kindle Tablet and watch POV documentaries before they air on television!
- Critical Acclaim for 'My Reincarnation': Watch it Tonight My Reincarnation airs tonight on PBS, launching POV's 25th season. It's a poignant tale about family, spirituality and personal growth — and critics agree.
- POV's 25th Anniversary In 2012, POV celebrates 25 years of broadcasting on PBS!
- Reportero at Human Rights Watch Film Festival Reportero will premiere in New York as part of the 2012 Human Rights Watch Film Festival.
- Next on POV: My Reincarnation POV kicks off its 25th season with a documentary that follows a Buddhist teacher's rise in the West, while his son, recognized as the reincarnation of a Buddhist master, breaks away to embrace the modern world.
- POV at Silverdocs 2012: Panels & Events Are you in Washington, D.C., for the Silverdocs Documentary Festival? Meet POV staffers at these conference panels and events this week!
- Five Films That Inspired Jennifer Fox's My Reincarnation While researching My Reincarnation, filmmaker Jennifer Fox looked for both films about Tibetan Buddhism (of which there are few) and other films from around the world with similar themes.
- El Velador at MoMA & POV Filmmakers in Conversation Filmmakers Lourdes Portillo and Natalia Almada will be in conversation at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City on June 23. Almada's El Velador starts a week-long theatrical engagement at MoMA on June 14 and a retrospective of Portillo's work will run through June 30.
- An Independent in Wonderland In 1988, Documentary Magazine featured an article written by Marc Weiss, POV's series creator and then executive producer, during POV's first year on PBS. Read what he had to say about getting the series off the ground and on public broadcasting.
- Upcoming POV Sneak Preview Screenings Community partners across the country are hosting pre-broadcast sneak preview screenings of upcoming POV films.
- POV's 25th Anniversary Season Launch Party Celebration Day Earlier this week at POV's launch party, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz officially proclaimed June 5, 2012 as POV's 25th Anniversary Season Launch Party Celebration Day, recognizing the series for bringing acclaimed international documentaries to the Brooklyn community and beyond since 1988.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Community partners across the country are hosting pre-broadcast sneak preview screenings of the upcoming POV film The City Dark.
- Announcing the First POV Hackathon POV is launching a unique opportunity for filmmakers and developers to re-invent the documentary for the web. This is a call for participants.