Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- POV Hackathon: Five Documentary Prototypes From a Weekend of Hacking View the prototypes from POV Hackathon: Participate in an online debate with film characters, browse a documentary cookbook, find new meaning in numbers from news headlines, be moved by audio storytelling powered by live news and events, and explore the multimedia branches of a film from 1984.
- POV Hackathon: Day Two: From Proposal to Prototype For Day Two of the POV Hackathon, reinventing the documentary for the web meant embracing a "minimum viable product" strategy in time for a 7 PM screening.
- POV Hackathon: Day One: Five Approaches to the Web Documentary from Hackathon Participants Observations from Day One of the POV Hackathon.
- The POV Hackathon Has Begun! You know the projects, now meet the teams. The POV Hackathon is upon us, and we'd like to introduce to the members of the five teams. Five teams of filmmakers and developers will be converging in Brooklyn starting today to "re-invent the documentary for the web."
- Animating Documentaries: A Twitter Chat with Mike Rauch of StoryCorps Animated Shorts Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. One of the directors of StoryCorps Shorts will answer questions about documentaries and animation.
- Daniel Wolff on Tour: More than a Story about New Orleans Meet I’m Carolyn Parker Producer Daniel Wolff in-person during a nine-city book and screening tour beginning on Thursday, August 16, 2012, in New Orleans and ending in Woodstock, NY, on October 13, 2012.
- Next on POV: POV Short Cuts The popular POV Short Cuts collection of short documentaries is back! Premieres Thursday, August 9, 2012 on PBS stations, or watch them online.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “StoryCorps Audio Slideshows” The StoryCorps project team at the POV Hackathon is using the award-winning StoryCorps oral history project as its source material.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Living Los Sures” Living Los Sures examines the hardscrabble past and hidden histories of New York City's now trendy Williamsburg neighborhood.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Feed Me A Story” The POV Hackathon team members working on the Feed Me A Story project meet at the intersection of documentary, food ethnography and app development.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Op-Video” The POV Hackathon team members working on the Op-Video project have deep experience re-imaging traditional forms of journalism for the digital age.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Aatsinski: The Story of Arctic Cowboys” The POV Hackathon team members working on the Aatsinki: The Story of Arctic Cowboys project include experienced media makers drawn from the worlds of linear documentary and new forms of interactive storytelling.
- POV Hackathon: Five Projects Aiming to Re-Invent the Documentary for the Web Find out more about the projects selected for POV's first hackathon, which will take place in New York City the weekend of August 11-12, 2012.
- As Thoughts of George Rise Up: Judith Helfand on Long-Time Mentor George Stoney Soon after the news of George Stoney's passing was made public, POV asked me to write a few words about him and our work together.
- Ask Director Erica Scharf About the Documentary 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Director Erica Scharf of Up Heartbreak Hill will be taking your questions live on Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM Eastern.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Looking to stay cool this weekend? Beat the heat with POV's Season 25 premieres and encores.
- 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Pulls at Critics' Heartstrings Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary Up Heartbreak Hill, which follows two Navajo teens living on a New Mexico reservation. Premieres July 26, 2012, on PBS.
- Next on POV: 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Two Navajo teens are torn between the lure of opportunities outside their remote reservation community and the cultural ties that bind them to home. Premieres Thursday, July 26, 2012 on POV.