Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- 2012 Webby Award Nominees in the Documentary and Social Issue Categories The Webby Awards has announced its nominees for 2012, and the list of honorees includes StoryCorps Shorts: September 11 Stories!
- Where Soldiers Come From: Upcoming Screenings & Events Where Soldiers Come From screens at events across the country, including the Corcoran College's Arts and the Military Conference, and "Monthly Movies" at the National Veterans Art Museum, showcasing a mural painted by Dominic the week leading up to the screening.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Seltzer Works' Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! The short film Seltzer Works profiles third-generation seltzer-filler Kenny Gomberg, the last bottler in Brooklyn.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'The Archive' Watch this Emmy-nominated short film about a man and his giant record collection (that no one wants), then vote for it and it be the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival!
- A Peabody Award for “StoryCorps 9/11” StoryCorps and NPR Morning Edition's showcase of interviews with victims' relatives and survivors of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks has won a George Foster Peabody Award.
- POV's 'My Perestroika' Wins a Peabody! Robin Hessman's film about the last generation of Soviet children has won a prestigious George Foster Peabody Award.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 34x25x36 Watch and vote for 34x25x26, a short film that shows the inner workings of the Patina V Mannequin Factory and the musings of the designers who decide what the perfect female body should look like.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Flawed' Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! In the animated film Flawed, a woman is uneasy about beginning a relationship with a plastic surgeon.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'This Gay and Age' Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! Watch an award-winning documentary short by teen filmmaker Morgan Wilcock, who examines the stereotypes that bombard today's LGBT youth.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Which Film Will Be the People's Choice Winner? All of the films from PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival are now online! Watch and vote for your favorite shorts!
- Borrow Films From POV's 2012 Season – For Free! Last week, POV announced its 25th anniversary season on PBS. This week, we're announcing that the films are available in POV's Lending Library for you to borrow - for FREE!
- 4 Days, 53 Films – POV at SDFF 2012 This year, The Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival highlights a wide array of independent documentaries, including five POV films.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Spring is here and new community partners are sprouting up across the country. See what they're up to next week...
- POV Announces Documentary Lineup for Its 25th Season on PBS This year on POV, you'll see remarkable individuals challenging authority and their own limitations to indict a dictator, keep investigative journalism alive, rebuild after Katrina and find strength in love.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Wednesday, March 21st is a busy day for POV Community Engagement! Check out some of the screenings happening around the country.
- Giveaway: Win a Pair of Tickets to See 'Girl Model' at Stranger Than Fiction in NYC New York City-area documentary fans! We're giving away a pair of tickets to see Girl Model at the documentary screening series Stranger Than Fiction.
- Up Heartbreak Hill, Coming to a Fest Near You Catch Up Heartbreak Hill (POV 2012) on a big screen before its premiere on PBS later this year.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Near You Check out highlights from our upcoming POV screenings calendar. Don't see your city on the map? Interested in seeing a POV documentary near you? It's easy!