Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Lesson Plan Theme: Women's History Over the years POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for classroom commemorations of Women's History Month. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans and discussion guides to reading lists.
- Lesson Plan Theme: Disability Issues Over the years POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for discussing disability issues in the classroom. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans and discussion guides to reading lists.
- Lesson Plan Theme: Veteran's Day POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for introducing students to Veteran history and celebrating the contributions of Veterans. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from web features to discussion guides, lesson plans and reading lists.
- Lesson Plan Theme: The Environment Over the years POV has featured a number of films about the environment. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans to interactive games.
- Media Literacy Questions for Analyzing POV Films Because everyone interprets media through the lens of his or her own experience, media literacy analysis is about rich readings rather than specific "right" answers. Here are some suggested questions that are starting points for that type of analysis.
- Commemorate National Adoption Month Explore POV's films and resources on adoption with your community.
- Lesson Plans for English and Social Studies Teachers from POV's 28th Season POV films are a great way to engage students with today's most pressing social issues.
- Featured Event: University of North Dakota Indian Student Association Presents Up Heartbreak Hill Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- What to Watch This November on POV.org A list of documentaries available to watch this month on POV.org.
- November is Alzheimer's Awareness Month and Family Caregivers Month Honor the caregivers in your life with 'The Genius of Marian'.
- Featured Partner: Chicago Public Library's Woodson Regional Branch Join the Chicago Public Library's Woodson Regional Branch for films celebrating Native American Heritage Month.
- Commemorate National Native American Heritage Month with POV Films POV invites you to commemorate National Native American Heritage Month in your classroom or community with documentaries exploring Native American identity and culture.
- Featured Event: Freedom Flicks & Critical Resistance present – American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs Celebrate the life of Grace Lee Boggs.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different? A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.
- A Night with POV at Photoville 2015 Photoville's 4th exhibition welcomed 76,000 visitors this year in Brooklyn Bridge Park over the span of ten days.
- Featured Event: Art and Craft at the Bay County Public Library Join Bay County Public Library for a free screening and discussion of Art and Craft.
- POV at American Graduate Day 2015 Robert Lee Henderson III, featured subject of upcoming POV documentary 'All the Difference' joined the live national broadcast of American Graduate Day 2015 on October 3rd.
- Featured Event: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) at the Chicago Public Library Join the Chicago Public Library-South Chicago Branch for a free screening of "Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)" as part of their Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.