Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Featured Event: Summit Interfaith Council Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone' Join the Summit Interfaith Council for a free screening of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie).
- Building Avenues for Social Change: Reflections on My POV Internship Chrissy Ramkarran interned with POV's Community Engagement and Education department as a part of the Jeannette K. Watson Fellowship program.
- Featured Event: San Diego Public Library and Second Chance Present 'The Return' Join the San Diego Public Library for a free screening of 'The Return' featuring guest speaker Deb Furlong of San Diego Second Chance.
- Featured Event: Austin Film Festival Presents: 'What Tomorrow Brings' Join Austin Film Festival for a free screening of 'What Tomorrow Brings'. For more information, call 512-478-4795, or visit their events calendar.
- Community Spotlight: 'The Light in Her Eyes' Inspires 'Understanding Your Muslim Neighbor' Event Through a partnership with the Bay County Islamic Society, Bay County Public Library in Florida held an open house with the goal of cross-cultural understanding.
- Featured Event: Panhandle PBS and Amarillo Public Library Presents: 'Thank You for Playing' Join Panhandle PBS and Amarillo Public Library for a free screening of "Thank You for Playing," as part of AMA-CON 2016. For more information please call (806) 371-5222.
- What's Streaming This Summer on POV? Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- New York City Students Reflect on POV Internship Experience This spring, we had the privilege of partnering with The Center for Arts Education and Sadie Nash Leadership Project.
- Featured Event: Camas Public Library Presents 'Iris' Join the Camas Public Library for a free screening of 'Iris'.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Telling the story of PTSD with ‘Buried Above Ground’ filmmaker Ben Selkow Filmed over six years and taking eight years to complete, Buried Above Ground follows three Americans fighting to overcome the paralyzing grip of PTSD.
- Featured Event: Buddhist Pathways Prison Project Screens 'The Return' Join Buddhist Pathway Prison Project for a free screening of 'The Return', as part of their Summer 2016 Film Series.
- Happy Fourth from POV and America Reframed: Civic Engagement is Patriotic As a part of our mission, POV and America ReFramed believe that presenting the remarkable stories of civically-engaged Americans contributes to our democracy.
- Featured Event: Monroe Township Public Library Presents 'All the Difference' Join the Monroe Township Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference,' as part of their Summer 2016 Film Series.
- The Return: Resentencing, Reentry Support, and a Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Evolving Roles The Return is a POV documentary that focuses on both the returnees and the lawyers of Stanford Law School’s Three Strikes Project. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, speculates the lawyers' motives for involving themselves and their clients in the documentary.
- POV Remembers Pam White, Who Shared Her Journey through Alzheimer's with the World The Genius of Marian, which broadcast on POV in 2014, is an intimate, visually rich and emotionally complex story told through the eyes of director Banker White and his wife Anna Fitch as Banker's mother, Pam White, is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's.
- 'Almost Sunrise' NYC Premiere at Human Rights Watch Film Festival On Monday, June 13, Human Rights Watch Film Festival hosted the New York City premiere of 'Almost Sunrise' at the Film Society of Lincoln Center.
- Marathon County Public Library Presents 'Out in the Night' Join the Marathon County Public Library for a free screening of 'Out in the Night', in celebration of LGBT Pride Month.
- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Presents 'My Way to Olympia' Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of My Way to Olympia, as part of their 1st Annual Sports Film Series.