Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Featured Event: Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Join Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas A Nadie),' followed by a panel discussion.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Janet Goldwater, co-director of 'BaddDDD Sonia Sanchez,' reflects on facets of film biography Janet Goldwater shares some of her greatest challenges and joys in documentary filmmaking and learns that sometimes content was determined partly by design, partly by chance and circumstance, and partly by compromise.
- Featured Event: Bowdoin College Presents 'The Storm Makers' Join Bowdoin College for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers,' followed by a panel and facilitated discussion with Cambodian exchange students.
- POV's 29th Season of Films Available for Sneak Preview Screenings Community organizations and libraries can host screenings before films' broadcasts on PBS - for free.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'Ella Es el Matador' Join DeKalb Library for a free screening of 'Ella Es el Matador,' in celebration of Women's History Month.
- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Center Presents 'Return to Homs' Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of 'Return to Homs', followed by a Q&A with director Talal Derki via Skype.
- 7 Questions with Michael Kamber, Founder of the Bronx Documentary Center We asked Michael Kamber, founder and director, seven questions about his vision for the Center and its place in the Bronx community.
- Featured Event: The Center for Latino Arts and Culture at Rutgers University Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone' Join the Center for Latino Arts and Culture at Rutgers University for a free screening and discussion of 'Don't Tell Anyone.'
- Featured Event: Astoria Public Library Presents 'Girl Model' Join the Astoria Public Library for a free screening of 'Girl Model,' followed by a discussion.
- Alabama Public Television's 'Project C' Kicks Off POV's 'All the Difference' Station Activities Thousands of students joined Alabama Public Television's live webcast of the final episode of its Project C electronic field trip series, kicking off nationwide activities hosted by PBS stations around All the Difference (POV 2016).
- Featured Event: Rockland Public Library Presents 'Herman's House' Join the Rockland Public Library for a free screening of 'Herman's House.'
- Featured Event: Senior Planet Presents 'American Revolutionary' Join Senior Planet for a free screening of 'American Revolutionary.'
- Four Ways to Explore Women's History In Your Community Here are four great ways to use POV's films to start a dialogue around Women's History Month in your community.
- 'Lost Boys of Sudan' Illuminates Refugees' Challenges After a Safe Arrival 'Lost Boys of Sudan' (POV 2004) follows two young Dinka refugees, Peter and Santino, through their first year in America. Their struggle asks us to rethink what it means to be an American.
- Featured Event: Portland Community College's Cascade Festival of African Films Presents 'Beats of the Antonov' Join Portland Community College at their 25th annual Cascade Festival of African Films for a screening of 'Beats of the Antonov.'
- Featured Event: Chicago Public Library – Woodson Regional branch Presents 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary' Join the Chicago Public Library - Woodson Regional branch for a free screening of 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary,' in honor of African American History Month.
- Featured Event: Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice Present 'The Storm Makers' Join the Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers', as part of a free weekly program of films and speakers on a wide variety of peace and social justice issues.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'All the Difference' Join the DeKalb branch of the Brooklyn Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference.'