Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Four Ways to Explore Women's History In Your Community Here are four great ways to use POV's films to start a dialogue around Women's History Month in your community.
- 'Lost Boys of Sudan' Illuminates Refugees' Challenges After a Safe Arrival 'Lost Boys of Sudan' (POV 2004) follows two young Dinka refugees, Peter and Santino, through their first year in America. Their struggle asks us to rethink what it means to be an American.
- Featured Event: Portland Community College's Cascade Festival of African Films Presents 'Beats of the Antonov' Join Portland Community College at their 25th annual Cascade Festival of African Films for a screening of 'Beats of the Antonov.'
- Featured Event: Chicago Public Library – Woodson Regional branch Presents 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary' Join the Chicago Public Library - Woodson Regional branch for a free screening of 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary,' in honor of African American History Month.
- Featured Event: Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice Present 'The Storm Makers' Join the Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers', as part of a free weekly program of films and speakers on a wide variety of peace and social justice issues.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'All the Difference' Join the DeKalb branch of the Brooklyn Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference.'
- Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) Plays to Packed House at Brooklyn Museum POV kicked off the new year with 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' screening to a packed house at Brooklyn Museum's first Target First Saturdays of 2016.
- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.
- Featured Event: MIT's Department of Urban Studies and Planning Presents 'The Overnighters' Join the MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning for a free screening of 'The Overnighters' as part of an ongoing film series.
- Four Films to Celebrate Black History Month This year's theme is "Hallowed Grounds: Sites of African American Memories".
- Featured Event: Brooklyn Museum Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Join the Brooklyn Museum for a screening of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) to kick off the new year and the first Target First Saturday of 2016.
- Four POV Documentaries to Discuss the Syrian Refugee Crisis Use POV films and resources to discuss current issues around Syria, refugees and immigration.
- Featured Event: NIAD Art Center Presents 'Art and Craft' Join the NIAD Art Center for a free holiday screening of 'Art and Craft'.
- Featured Event: The California Film Institute and the Bar Association of San Francisco present Neuland Join the California Film Institute for a free screening of 'Neuland', followed by a discussion with Avantika Shastri, Legal Director of the San Francisco Immigrant Defense Collaborative at the Bar Association of San Francisco.
- Featured Event: Arizona Humanities Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Join Arizona Humanities for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' and Q&A with director Mikaela Shwer.
- Human Rights Day 2015: Investigate the Issues with POV Docs POV invites you to commemorate Human Rights Day on December 10th with screenings in your community or classroom.
- Featured Event: The National Latino Institute for Reproductive Health Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- Lesson Plan Theme: Documentaries & Media Literacy POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for introducing students to documentaries and media literacy. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, produced in response to requests from educators - from web features to discussion guides, lesson plans and reading lists.