Download photos, fact sheets and more media resources about POV documentaries on PBS, and read the latest news and announcements from American Documentary Inc.
- POV's 'The Chances of the World Changing' at Margaret Mead Film and Video Festival The Margaret Mead Film & Video Festival — the longest-running documentary film festival in the United States, now celebrating its 30th year — will screen POV's The Chances of the World Changing by Eric Daniel Metzgar.
- POV's Web Site Wins Five "W3" Awards for Creative Excellence POV's Web site, www.pbs.org/pov has won five awards in the first W3 competition, presented by the International Academy of the Visual Arts.
- Emerging Filmmakers Given Powerful Voice on Public Television Through POV's "Diverse Voices Project" POV, public television's acclaimed showcase of independent nonfiction films, has named four productions to receive support from the series' Diverse Voices Project (DVP), made possible through major funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB).
- POV Presents the Fifth Annual Youth Views Institute POV, public television's pre-eminent showcase for independent social-issue documentary film, will host the fifth annual Youth Views Institute (YVI) Friday-Tuesday, November 3-7, 2006.
- American Documentary | POV Grants Second Annual "Best Pitch" Award American Documentary, Inc., producer of the award-winning POV documentary series on PBS, sponsored its second emerging filmmaker award at the popular The Art of the Documentary Pitch workshop at the annual Museum of Television and Radio (MTR) DocFest in New York City. A $5,000 grant from American Documentary was awarded to Christopher Wong, the producer/director of Whatever It Takes, at the conclusion of the workshop on Saturday, Oct. 14.
- POV Garners Six News and Documentary Emmy Nominations POV, public television's premier showcase for independent point-of-view films, has received six nominations in the 27th Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards, a record for the series which is now in its 19th season on PBS.
- POV Receives First Primetime Emmy Nomination For Jessica Yu's "In the Realms of the Unreal" POV, public television's premier showcase for independent point-of-view films, has garnered its first Primetime Emmy nomination, for Jessica Yu's In the Realms of the Unreal.