- POV Sunday at the Talking Transition Tent
POV presented our two American Graduate Season 26 films, Brooklyn Castle and American Promise, on Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013 at the Talking Transition tent in Lower Manhattan.
- Lessons Learned in Making Long-Term Documentary Projects (A #docchat Recap)
A recap of the #docchat conversation from October 15, 2013, with the filmmakers of My Reincarnation and American Promise.
- Critical Acclaim for 'American Promise' – Now Playing in Select Theaters
Read what critics have been saying about POV's American Promise. Now playing in select theaters across the United States.
- For PBS Stations: POV | American Graduate Grant Application
POV is awarding grants to select public television stations to produce local content around the American Graduate Films Brooklyn Castle and/or American Promise. The grant will support station efforts to reach local communities through an outreach plan that engages diverse audiences. Apply now.
- Run, Cut, Slow: Films That Document Subjects Over a Decade or More
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston takes a moment to appreciate documentaries that were made over long periods of time, like POV's American Promise and the Up series.
- Watch the New Trailer for American Promise and Information About Its Oct. 18 NYC Premiere
American Promise (POV 2014) presents complicated truths about America's struggle to come of age on issues of race, class and opportunity. Watch it in theaters (before it airs on POV) starting in New York City this Friday, October 18.
- Join “How to Plan for a Long-term Documentary Project” Online Chat on October 15
Documentary filmmakers are taking your questions during a Google+ Hangout about planning for a long-term documentary projects on Tuesday, October 15, 2013, from 12:30-1:15 PM ET (9:30-10:15 AM PT).
- Fall Online #docchat Series: Engagement Strategy, Doc Criticism and More!
Join POV's Fall Online #docchat Series starting Tuesday, October 1, 2013 for online panels about engagement strategy, documentary criticism and planning for long-term documentary projects.
- New York Film Festival Documentary Highlights
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston lists five bold and ambitious documentary projects presenting at the upcoming New York Film Festival.
- Preview POV's 26th Season on PBS
Grab a sneak peek at the films in the POV lineup for summer 2013! POV's 26th season on PBS premieres June 24, 2013 at 10PM with 'Homegoings.'
- POV Announces Documentary Lineup For Its 26th Season on PBS
Moving to Monday nights on PBS, the regular season kicks off with Homegoings and closes with Best Kept Secret, and features special presentations of 56 Up, American Promise, Brooklyn Castle and a special from StoryCorps.
- POV Hackathon Selected for Fledgling Fund Grant
The Fledgling Fund recently announced new grantees and POV is thrilled to receive support for our ongoing series of Hackathons.
- Coming to POV in 2013: 'American Promise'
In 2013, POV will broadcast 'American Promise,' a film that addresses the persistent educational achievement gap that affects African-American boys at all socioeconomic levels.
- 8 “Then and Now” Documentaries That Transcend Time
The Up series, which has been following a group in seven-year intervals, has a new entry this month, 56 Up. Here are eight documentaries that take the "then and now" concept to new levels.