- Giveaway: Win a Copy of “Promises Kept: Raising Black Boys to Succeed in School and in Life”
Enter our giveaway before October 27, 2014 to win a copy of "Promises Kept: Raising Black Boys to Succeed in School and Life" by American Promise filmmakers Joe Brewster and Michèle Stephenson.
- Your Best and Worst Advice for Documentary Filmmakers
Drawing influence from the new book Tell Me Something: Documentary Filmmakers, POV blog readers offer some of their best and worst advice for documentary filmmakers.
- Advice to Documentary Filmmakers From Shola Lynch on Balancing Your Personal and Creative Life
In this excerpt from Tell Me Something, filmmaker Shola Lynch shares advice on balancing one's creative and personal life. Edited by Jessica Edwards, Tell Me Something features advice from 60 of the world's best documentary filmmakers.
- Jessica Edwards on the Making of 'Tell Me Something' and Getting Advice From 60 of the World's Best Documentary Filmmakers
Filmmaker and editor Jessica Edwards tells POV about making the book Tell Me Something, which features advice from 60 of the world's best documentary filmmakers.
- Giveaway: Win Signed 'Tell Me Something' Book With Advice From 60 of the World's Best Documentary Filmmakers
Tell Me Something features advice from 60 of the world's best documentary filmmakers. Enter to win POV's giveaway of five e-books and two signed books by filmmakers Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me, One Direction: This Is Us) and Albert Maysles (Grey Gardens, Salesman).
- What To Do With All That Extra Footage? Gary Hustwit Is Publishing a Book and Maybe You Should Too
Filmmaker Gary Hustwit will be publishing the complete transcripts of his design trilogy Helvetica, Objectified, Urbanized into a book.
- “Tell Me Something” Features Advice From Fifty of the World's Best Documentary Filmmakers
Doc Soup Man interviews Jessica Edwards, editor of "Tell me Something," an in-progress photography and creative advice book from fifty of the world's best documentary filmmakers.