- Featured Event: Brooklyn Museum Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Join the Brooklyn Museum for a screening of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) to kick off the new year and the first Target First Saturday of 2016.
- A Night with POV at Photoville 2015
Photoville's 4th exhibition welcomed 76,000 visitors this year in Brooklyn Bridge Park over the span of ten days.
- Special Event! POV Takes Over the Photoville NYC Beer Garden on September 18, 2015
POV takes over the Photoville Beer Garden on Friday, September 18, 2015! RSVP for a sneak-preview of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie), plus screenings of selected documentary shorts and an inside look at our series on PBS!
- Rooftop Films New York Non-Fiction
This Friday, join Rooftop Films for New York Non-Fiction. From the Upper West Side to Brighton Beach, from the Civic Center courts to Red Hook's baseball parks, New York is full of unique characters.
- POV's Tough Love Kicks Off BRIC FLIX
On Tuesday, May 19th, POV was thrilled to partner with BRIC for their inaugural BRIC FLIX program. POV’s Tough Love kicked off the free film screening and conversation series to a packed house.
- Upcoming Events
This week, 7 different films are being screened in 7 cities throughout the US, covering topics such as juvenile justice, Alzheimer's, and LBGT issues.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Christopher Allen ('89 Steps')
89 Steps: A Chapter of Living Los Sures follows Marta, a longtime resident of Williamsburg, Brooklyn's Los Sures neighborhood. Now struggling to afford the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, Marta must decide whether to stay or go.
- Getting Back to Abnormal Premiere Party at d.b.a. Brooklyn
POV and filmmakers Louis Alvarez, Andrew Kolker, and Peter Odabashian had a great time celebrating the PBS national broadcast of Getting Back to Abnormal on Monday July 14th at d.b.a Brooklyn.
- 'When I Walk' at the 2014 Northside Festival
POV intern Amanda Brzezowski reports back from the When I Walk screening and Q&A at the Northside Film Festival. Hear what filmmakers and subjects Jason DaSilva and Alice Cook, and executive producer Yael Melamede, had to say about making the film.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Brooklyn Castle' – Premieres Tonight on PBS
Read what critics have been saying about POV's Brooklyn Castle. Brooklyn public school I.S. 318, serving mostly minority students from working-class families, has won more than 30 national chess championships, the country’s best record. Airing tonight on PBS and streaming free for a limited time.
- Upcoming POV Screenings: Brooklyn Special
Two exciting screenings come to Brooklyn on September 28 and 29th, when POV takes part in the DUMBO Arts Festival andholds a sneak-preview of PBS Indie Showcase film Brooklyn Castle at the Brooklyn Museum.
- Brooklyn Educators Meeting: A Recap
As the new school year approaches, using documentaries in the classroom is on our minds. POV hosted eight Brooklyn educators to learn how teachers use documentary in the classroom.
- The Big Screen: All Brooklyn Film, All The Time
Heather Freundenthal and Joseph Shahadi give POV Eastman Fellow Alfonso Francois a closer look at the process behind Art of Brooklyn Film Festival's The Big Screen series.
- Brooklyn Raised: Rooftop Films & the Spirit of Brooklyn Summer
Brooklyn-raised POV Eastman Fellow Kendra Williams reflects on her Rooftop Films experience and talks with program director Dan Nuxoll about another season of showing films in high places.
- POV Kicks Off Dumbo Filmmaker Meetups Next Week with IFP and Dumbo BID
POV will be kicking off the DUMBO Filmmaker Meetup series next Thursday, May 23 from 6:30-8 PM at the POV offices in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
- POV's 25th Anniversary Season Launch Party Celebration Day
Earlier this week at POV's launch party, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz officially proclaimed June 5, 2012 as POV's 25th Anniversary Season Launch Party Celebration Day, recognizing the series for bringing acclaimed international documentaries to the Brooklyn community and beyond since 1988.
- BAMcinemaFEST Kicks Off Third Season Bringing Blue Chip Docs to Brooklyn
Freelance journalist and film programmer Adam Schartoff previews the documentary slate at Brooklyn's BAMcinemaFEST, June 16-26, 2011.
- 'Battle For Brooklyn' Filmmakers Michael Galinsky and Suki Hawley on How Communities Can Fight Developers
POV intern Alva French talks with "Battle For Brooklyn" co-directors Michael Galinsky and Suki Hawley at last night's Rooftop Films Summer Series screening at Brooklyn's Ft. Greene Park.