- Tom Roston's Top 10 Documentaries of 2012
Find out what films made it to the top of Doc Soup Man's list this year! From advocacy films, to those lauded for their artistry and cinematography, the list is just a small sampling of the great doc year that was 2012.
- 2012: A Documentary Year in Review
Twelve stories from 2012 that inspired, thrilled and surprised us. A recap of the year in documentary news.
- Reviewing the 2013 Oscar Shortlist
Tom Roston takes a look at this years docs which are contenders for Academy nominations, referencing that the list proves it was a strong year for documentaries.
- Seven Mothers from Seven Mother's Day Documentaries
In time for Mother's Day, Tom Roston presents a list of documentaries that celebrate motherhood in all its forms.
- Re-Edited 'Bully' Receives PG-13 Rating In Time for Theatrical Expansion
After weeks of controversy, the MPAA has decided to give a PG-13 rating to a version of Lee Hirsch's documentary Bully that has cut some but not all profanity.
- Director Lee Hirsch on Bully's MPAA Rating Battle and the Impact of the F-Word
The director of Bully, a victim of bullying himself, tells Tom Roston "the experience that these kids go through should be as it is."
- My Five Favorite Documentaries from True/False Film Fest 2012
Tom Roston recaps the Midwestern film festival True/False, where he saw a slate of inspiring documentaries including How to Survive a Plague, The Imposter, Bully, Searching for Sugar Man and Undefeated.
- A Preview of the 2012 True/False Film Fest
Tom Roston gives a rundown of the films he is looking forward to seeing at the True/False documentary festival, as well as some of the quirky events he hopes to catch while he's there.