- POV's 2018 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2018 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Friday, June 23, 2016.
- POV's 2017 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2017 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Thursday, June 30, 2016.
- POV's 2016 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2016 broadcast season and beyond. Submit by Monday, June 15, 2015.
- #docchat: “How to Get Your Film on Public Television” with POV's VP of Programming & Production Chris White
Join the video chat on Google+ this Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 1-2 PM (10-11 AM PT), and ask your questions about how to navigate the public television submission process.
- Now Accepting Submissions: POV Digital Documentaries
POV is seeking digital documentaries from independent media creators and technologists that push the boundaries of nonfiction media. Submit projects by May 30, 2014.
- POV’s 2015 Call for Entries is Officially Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2015 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Monday, June 30, 2014.
- The POV Call for Entries is Now Open!
The PBS documentary series POV is seeking independent nonfiction films for broadcast in 2014 and beyond. Submit your film by Friday, June 28, 2013.
- POV Hackathon Submission Tips for Filmmakers
What makes a great POV Hackathon application? (And what makes a bad one?) POV Digital Director Adnaan Wasey offers tips for would-be storytelling innovators.
- Announcing POV Hackathon 2 – January 12-13, 2013
Bold filmmakers with a digital vision need apply! The POV Hackathon 2 Call for Participants is now open. Apply by Friday, December 7, 2012.
- Announcing the First POV Hackathon
POV is launching a unique opportunity for filmmakers and developers to re-invent the documentary for the web. This is a call for participants.
- Getting Your Film on Public Television: A Twitter Chat with POV Series Producer Yance Ford
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, at 7 PM Eastern. POV Series Producer Yance Ford will answer questions about how filmmakers can navigate the public TV submission process.
- POV's Annual Call for Entries is Now Open!
The PBS documentary series POV is seeking independent nonfiction films for broadcast in 2013 and beyond. Submit your film by Friday, June 29, 2012.
- Asking More From Your Entry Fee
Edward J. Delaney offers 6 ways documentary festivals can be more accountable to their entry-fee-paying filmmakers.
- POV's 2012 Call for Entries is Officially Open! New Guidelines & Tips from Series Producer Yance Ford
With the announcement of POV’s 2011 schedule behind us, the programming department is gearing up for the Open Call deadline on June 30, 2011. This year POV has made two significant changes to our submission system that we hope will make our process clearer and simpler for filmmakers racing to make the deadline. Yance Ford […]
- Weekly Roundup: Awards, Varda and More
It’s been a great — and busy — week for us at POV. Keep reading to find out about what we’ve been up to! POV films have been racking up awards at film festivals! Congratulations to Wo Ai Ni Mommy (November 30, 2010 on POV), which won the Grand Jury Award at Silverdocs. Also honored […]
- The 2011 POV Call for Entries is Now Open!
POV’s series producer Yance Ford announces the Call for Entries for the 2011 broadcast season and beyond. Read on to learn how to submit your film! I am happy to announce that the Call for Entries for the 2011 POV Season is officially open! We’re looking for documentary films of all lengths (send in your […]
- Links and Events – June 2009
The Human Rights Watch International Film Festival returns to The Film Society of Lincoln Center’s Walter Reade Theater starting June 11. The festival opens with a special presentation of The Reckoning: The Battle for the International Criminal Court by Paco de Onís, Peter Kinoy and Pamela Yates (POV 2009) on June 12 which will be […]
- The 2010 POV Call for Entries Starts Now!
POV production assistant Andrew Catauro checks in about POV’s annual Call for Entries. Read on to learn how you can submit your film! Here at POV, we may have just announced our slate of films for the 2009 broadcast season, but we’re also looking ahead to 2010 (and beyond). Whether you’ve got an idea to […]