- The Spine-Tingling, Eye-Opening Thrill of Morgan Spurlock's Rats
'Rats' invites viewers into a world underneath the gutters and in the shadows.
- How Documentarians Have Covered Donald Trump Throughout the Years
A look at the past and present documentaries that have covered Donald Trump.
- Sundance 2015: Doc Buzz, Acquistions and More
Sundance 2015 is underway! Here's the word on how documentaries are fairing this year in Park City.
- 10 Secrets for Making the Most of Your Film's Broadcast Premiere
Picture Motion's Alexandra Pearson and Megan Ryan take us behind the scenes of the social impact campaigns of five remarkable films that aired on CNN, HBO, OWN and POV.
- Why Did CNN, Time, Al Jazeera and Netflix Start Documentary Units?
Several news and media organizations have announced new divisions or commitments to documentary programming. Heather McIntosh investigates why.
- 2012: A Documentary Year in Review
Twelve stories from 2012 that inspired, thrilled and surprised us. A recap of the year in documentary news.
- The Morgan Spurlock Brand Goes Mainstream with “Inside Man” on CNN
It was no surprise when it was announced last week that Morgan Spurlock, the director of Super Size Me and several other documentaries, has parlayed his brand into a regular show on CNN.
- The Iran Job & Tips for Managing a Viral Fundraising Campaign
On Monday, a documentary about an American basketball player in Iran ended a 50-day campaign that generated $100,000 in donations at the buzzer on Kickstarter after major media hits with CNN, The Huffington Post and The Wall Street Journal. The Iran Job's Till Schauder tells Adam Schartoff how his team managed the campaign.
- Panoramic Video Tools Enable a New Storytelling Dimension
Watch 360-degree video that has already made its mark in the ad world and in music videos, and find out about two new tools that could soon bring panoramic video capabilities to the masses.