- My Five Favorite Sports Documentaries
In honor of the 2012 Olympic games, Tom Roston gives us his top five favorite sports documentaries. Did yours make the cut?
- Documentary Films? That's Entertainment!
Documentaries have started to assert that they, like their Hollywood cousins, can be more than simply 'engaging.' Doc Soup Man Tom Roston says they can be entertaining diversions too.
- Doc Soup: Docs Takes Round One in the Nonfiction vs Fiction Death Match
The numbers are in. It may not be a knockout, but nonfiction is our Round One champ!
- Doc Soup: Fiction vs. Nonfiction Death Match, Round One
It's a film showdown: fiction films versus documentaries. POV's Doc Soup Man Tom Roston and indieWIRE's Anne Thompson take their differences into the ring. Which side are you on?
- Doc Soup: Oscar Nominated '127 Hours': Not a Documentary, But Close
It’s been said many times before — heck, I’ve said it more times than I could count — that truth is stranger than fiction. But that doesn’t mean that fiction can’t sometimes trump truth. Take, for example, the retelling of Aron Ralston’s (pictured, far right) true-life story of falling in a canyon in Utah and […]