- Enter the Edit: Developing Mentorship in the Documentary Editing World
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Penelope Falk, an award-winning editor with over 15 years of documentary experience.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 1: Creative Use of Archival Footage
Joseph Krings, Mary Lampson, and Maya Mumma in conversation with Ashley Clark examine creative approaches to editing with archival footage.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Leigh Johnson
In the third edition of Enter the Edit, our guide will be 2017 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Leigh Johnson.
- Enter the Edit: Activating Feelings of Immediacy and Intimacy With a Film
How to make the audience feel like they're in the moment.
- Enter the Edit: How to Navigate the Documentary Editing World
It's a tired cliche, but don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Enter the Edit: The Challenges of Being Both Director and Editor
What happens when you have to be both at the same time?
- Enter the Edit: A Crash Course On Structuring Social-Issue Documentary
Famed film editor Kim Roberts, A.C.E. shares documentary wisdom.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- Enter the Edit: A Conversation With Editor Jonathan Oppenheim
Colin Nusbaum speaks with his Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow mentor, esteemed editor Jonathan Oppenheim, about his editing process.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
"There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- How To Survive As An Assistant Editor
"Staying organized as an assistant editor is probably more like keeping a clean and organized room, apartment or house than anyone realizes." Editor Colin Nusbaum shares everything you need to know to get started as a film editor.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Colin Nusbaum
Get started with POV's new series delving into the craft of documentary editing with 2014 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Colin Nusbaum.
- #docchat: A Documentary Equipment Workshop with Caleb Pike & Richard Koci Hernandez on Google+ (April 15, 2014)
Ask your questions about documentary filmmaking equipment on Google+! Tuesday, April 15, 12:30-1:15 PM ET / 9:30-10:15 AM PT.
- Create Your Own Essential DSLR Video Kit
Find out which camera body, lenses, audio equipment, rigs, tripods, monopods, editing software and other miscellaneous tools you need for a top-notch DSLR filmmaking kit.
- POV's 2013 Documentary Filmmaking Equipment Survey (Updated)
View the infographic. Cameras, lenses, audio and more: POV asked documentary filmmakers which gear they can’t live without, and which they can't wait to try.
- 6 Essential Tips for Using Archival Footage
Panelists at a recent Doc U event organized by the International Documentary Association weigh in on 6 things to keep in mind when working with archives.
- A Cloud Storage Collaboration Guide for Filmmakers
Cloud storage isn't just a way to back up backups of backups, it has great potential for use as a hub for your film production.
- 5 Recommended Reads for Aspiring Editors
Editing isn’t just about whether you use FCP or Avid. An artful editor understands the theory and history that came before her. This list provides an introduction to editing philosophy and theory for all aspiring editors.