- Recommended Reading: The 6 Stages of Editing As A Film Director
Learn about the 6 Stages of Editing As A Film Director from Elliot Grove via Raindance Film Festival.
- Ken Burns on the “Ken Burns Effect”
Ask anyone what they think of when you mention his name, and they'll refer to the Ken Burns Effect, that technique he employs in all his films whereby the camera pans over sideways and then zooms in.
- Lightworks Looks to Grab a Tier of New Editors With Its PC-Based NLE
In the weeks since the non-linear editor Lightworks V11 was made available for download, the product has earned its share of likers and dislikers. Lightshare shares its plans for the product with blogger Edward J. Delaney.
- Awaiting the Official Release of Lightworks, a $60 PC-Based Non-Linear Editor
Has Apple's shift to Final Cut Pro X, and the dissatisfaction of a legion of editors, created a market opening for this PC-based nonlinear editing system?
- Final Cut Pro X, One Year Later
Apple's Final Cut Pro X was met with a lot of upset editors when it was announced last April and subsequently released in June 2011. Now that the dust has settled, where do we stand?
- Framing and the Art of Documentary
Arguably, making art is easier when its makers have complete control over process and product. But what happens when you throw the messiness of reality into the mix?
- Pros Leave FCPX – Where Are They Heading?
The 'X' in Final Cut Pro was supposed to mean '10,' but it seems as if for a lot of professional editors, it's become the equivalent of 'NOT.'
- Final Cut Pro X: Filmmakers Remain Skeptical
We asked you, our blog-reading filmmakers, for thoughts about Final Cut Pro X, the latest edition of Apple's popular editing software, and how you're making the decision to upgrade, switch or stick with what you've got.
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia
Senna, the first documentary from BAFTA award-winning fiction film director Asif Kapadia, uses archival footage exclusively to create an enthralling tribute to Brazilian Formula One racing star Ayrton Senna. Kapadia discusses the film and countering the "reckless reputation" of its star.
- To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?: Final Cut Pro X
With the release of Apple's Final Cut Pro X, editors and production houses are weighing in on their editing software options.
- “Documentary Style” Shot-making
I have a suggestion to fictional filmmakers and critics alike: Let’s update the definition of “documentary style” shooting.