- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives
To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.
- Lesson Plan Theme: Disability Issues
Over the years POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for discussing disability issues in the classroom. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans and discussion guides to reading lists.
- Lesson Plan Theme: Veteran's Day
POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for introducing students to Veteran history and celebrating the contributions of Veterans. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from web features to discussion guides, lesson plans and reading lists.
- Lesson Plan Theme: Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage
Over the years POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for classroom commemorations of Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month in May. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans and discussion guides to reading lists.
- Lesson Plan Theme: Women's History
Over the years POV has featured a number of films that are ideal for classroom commemorations of Women's History Month. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans and discussion guides to reading lists.
- POV, America ReFramed receive three 2015 IDA Award nominations!
POV and America ReFramed have been nominated for three 2015 IDA Documentary Awards by the International Documentary Association.
- What to Watch This November on POV.org
A list of documentaries available to watch this month on POV.org.
- More Docs to Watch! Here's What's Streaming This October on POV
A look at the feature length and short documentary films available to watch for free this October on POV!
- Opportunity for Community Organizations and Libraries: PBS Highlights the Arts this Fall with 3 New POV Documentaries
This fall, POV invites community organizers and libraries to partner on the special PBS broadcasts of three documentaries examining art and identity -- Cutie and the Boxer, Art and Craft and Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case.
- 75+ Films to Watch This September on POV!
A list of feature length and short documentary films to watch for free this September on POV!
- Upcoming Events
Free screenings from the current POV season take place across the country. Find a screening near you!
- A POV Intern's Perspective on Media, Impact and Viewer Responsibility
Community Engagement & Education Intern Marine offers her perspective on the impact of documentaries, and the responsibilities of viewers after credits roll.
- POV's Annual Appeal Was a Huge Success!
We'd like to express our gratitude to POV's friends and family who supported independent documentary film by donating to POV and spreading the word over social media during our Annual Appeal.
- Oscar Predictions 2015: And the Winner Will Be…
Tom Roston considers this year's Best Documentary Oscar contenders with his tried-and-true method for predicting which film will win.
- Sundance 2015: Doc Buzz, Acquistions and More
Sundance 2015 is underway! Here's the word on how documentaries are fairing this year in Park City.
- Sundance and Beyond: Doc Watch 2015
Doc Soup Man shares his list of documentaries he's looking forward to in 2015, including three premiering at Sundance Film Festival, beginning on Thursday, January 22, 2015.
- The Inaugural New York WILD Film Festival Showcases Documentaries About Adventure and Exploration
In January, the Explorer's Club opened its wrought-iron doors to crowds of freezing New Yorkers, who trekked through snowy sidewalks and single-digit temperatures to attend the opening night of the New York WILD Film Festival.
- How To Survive As An Assistant Editor
"Staying organized as an assistant editor is probably more like keeping a clean and organized room, apartment or house than anyone realizes." Editor Colin Nusbaum shares everything you need to know to get started as a film editor.