- Life on the Streets of Palestine Captured in 'Points Of View'
An interactive web documentary aims to help Palestinians present the anger, pain, joy and hope of their daily lives to both Israelis and the international public.
- Enter the Edit: 'Tough Love' with Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt
Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt break down the edit of Stephanie Wang-Breal's documentary Tough Love, premiering November 15, 2014 in New York City at DOC NYC.
- Old Film Made New: 'Living Los Sures'
UnionDocs breathes new life into the 1980s urban film Los Sures with web-based multimedia. Two new chapters premiered at New York Film Festival Convergence.
- Join 'Whiteness Project' Creator Whitney Dow for a Reddit AMA on Thursday, November 13
Whitney Dow took questions -- unfiltered -- about issues of race in America and the interactive documentary that has brought everyday white Americans into the racial discussion on Reddit.
- Three Tips for Diverse Filmmakers Seeking Documentary Funding
Are you an emerging filmmaker of color? Funders are looking for you! Here are a few tips to help them find you.
- After Battling Chinese Authorities and a Tight Budget, a First-Time Filmmaker Emerges
"I made the dive from being on the top of my game—radio—back to the bottom as a newbie, self-trained filmmaker." - Jocelyn Ford, Nowhere To Call Home: A Tibetan in Beijing
- POV Hackathon 7: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Five teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- The Doc TV to Watch this Veterans Day: Dogs of War
The new A&E reality show Dogs of War captures the healing effects shelter dogs have on war vets suffering from PTSD.
- And the POV Hackathon 7 Participants' Choice Winner is…
Congrats to The Dandelion King, POV Hackathon 7 Participants' Choice Award Winner!
- Wednesday, December 3: A Conversation with Joshua Oppenheimer, director of 'The Act of Killing'
Ask The Act of Killing director Joshua Oppenheimer your questions on Google+. Join the chat live on Wednesday, December 3, 2014, at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- 'Virunga' Goes to Netflix
Virunga, one of Doc Soup Man's rave docs of the year, will be available on Netflix beginning November 7, 2014. What does this mean for the film, and for Netflix's position in the doc world?
- Now Streaming: 'Every Mother's Son'
We are thrilled to announce that Every Mother's Son is now available for community screenings and online streaming through May 3, 2015.
- We the Economy
This new online documentary series is striving to explain the economy through 20 short films.
- After Passing Up a Shot at Sundance, Documentary Filmmaker Yance Ford Receives a MacArthur
"I actually followed my own advice and didn't cut for a deadline." - Strong Island filmmaker Yance Ford
- #docchat: The Whiteness Project – Tackling the Taboo Subject of Race in America – Join on Twitter This Wednesday
Join POV for a Twitter chat with Whitney Dow, director and producer of Whiteness Project: Inside the White/Caucasian Box on Wednesday, October 22 from 1-2 PM ET/10-11 AM PT
- POV Tech: Introducing Mouse and Keyboard Interactions for Virtual Reality “Films”
Virtual reality experiences, such as those we are developing now for Oculus Rift, require a new set of conventions for interactions with familiar devices.
- 'The Connection' and How Documentaries Can Be Good Medicine (Part 2)
"In the brave new Internet world, a documentary doesn't necessarily need the golden blessing of a film festival director."
- 'The Connection' and How Documentaries Can Be Good Medicine (Part 1)
The Connection: Mind Your Body isn't the kind of film that wins awards at festivals or even warrants being seen in a theater, but it's a very important documentary that you need to see.