- 31 Years Later, A Restored 'Burroughs: The Movie' Returns to the New York Film Festival
"He was a vital part of the cultural scene." - Tom DiCillo. The 1983 documentary 'Burroughs: The Movie' returns to the New York Film Festival on Thursday, October 9, 2014.
- This Land: Love and Independence in East Providence: Watch The New York Times Documentary
Dan Barry and Kassie Bracken introduce Lori Sousa and Peter Maxmean, a Rhode Island couple who met at a training program for workers with intellectual disabilities.
- “He is charming, infuriating and sometimes coy… but he has never been boring” – 'Koch' Is Now Streaming Free at POV
What critics have been saying about POV's documentary Koch, and all the ways you can watch it free right now.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 4)
Delivering, playing and remixing video in real time in a browser is ambitious today, so here's the reality of what you can do when the browser fails you.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 3)
Brand new web video tech will let us fling our creations far and wide. But using them will take careful preparation and, as always, lots of testing.
- Next on POV: The Act of Killing
As dreamlike and terrifying as anything that Werner Herzog (one of the executive producers) could imagine. Watch The Act of Killing, Monday on PBS.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 2)
Real-time image and audio manipulation are now available almost everywhere, but they don't always work the way they should.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
"There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- POV and Storyhunter at DUMBO Arts Festival
Join us in celebrating art on the waterfront with the 2014 DUMBO Arts Festival, from September 26th-28th.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Christopher Allen ('89 Steps')
89 Steps: A Chapter of Living Los Sures follows Marta, a longtime resident of Williamsburg, Brooklyn's Los Sures neighborhood. Now struggling to afford the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, Marta must decide whether to stay or go.
- POV Tech: Video Synchronization for Collective Viewing
A new tool that gives filmmakers the ability to create shared video experiences across a variety of devices.
- Empire: Lessons from Pushing the Boundaries of Web Video
Working on the POV interactive documentary Empire raised a few technical challenges that are certain to come up again with future non-linear video projects. Here's how we solved them.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Theo Rigby ('Immigrant Nation')
Q&A with Immigrant Nation creator Theo Rigby.
- Next on POV: Koch
Few have matched the bravado, combativeness and egocentricity that Ed Koch brought to the New York City Mayor's Office during his three terms. Watch Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and Koch's Chief of Staff.
- After 'The Roosevelts,' What's Next for Ken Burns
Among Burns future documentaries are Vietnam, which Doc Soup Man Tom Roston says "could be Burns's most significant series since The Civil War."
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Anrick Bregman and Nicole Paglia ('The Most Northern Place')
A Q&A with Anrick Bregman and Nicole Paglia, the creators of The Most Northern Place.
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with POV Films
September 15 - October 15 is Hispanic Heritage Month! Celebrate and learn about Hispanic Heritage with POV films.
- Announcing POV Hackathon 7 (Nov. 8-9, 2014 in New York City)
Fast Company called it one of 2014's "most anticipated events." Don't miss your chance to participate in POV Hackathon.