- Next on POV: The Act of Killing
As dreamlike and terrifying as anything that Werner Herzog (one of the executive producers) could imagine. Watch The Act of Killing, Monday on PBS.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 2)
Real-time image and audio manipulation are now available almost everywhere, but they don't always work the way they should.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
"There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- POV and Storyhunter at DUMBO Arts Festival
Join us in celebrating art on the waterfront with the 2014 DUMBO Arts Festival, from September 26th-28th.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Christopher Allen (“89 Steps”)
89 Steps: A Chapter of Living Los Sures follows Marta, a longtime resident of Williamsburg, Brooklyn's Los Sures neighborhood. Now struggling to afford the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, Marta must decide whether to stay or go.
- POV Tech: Video Synchronization for Collective Viewing
A new tool that gives filmmakers the ability to create shared video experiences across a variety of devices.
- Empire: Lessons from Pushing the Boundaries of Web Video
Working on the POV interactive documentary Empire raised a few technical challenges that are certain to come up again with future non-linear video projects. Here's how we solved them.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Theo Rigby (“Immigrant Nation”)
Q&A with Immigrant Nation creator Theo Rigby.
- Next on POV: Koch
Few have matched the bravado, combativeness and egocentricity that Ed Koch brought to the New York City Mayor's Office during his three terms. Watch Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and Koch's Chief of Staff.
- After “The Roosevelts,” What's Next for Ken Burns
Among Burns future documentaries are Vietnam, which Doc Soup Man Tom Roston says "could be Burns's most significant series since The Civil War."
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Anrick Bregman and Nicole Paglia (“The Most Northern Place”)
A Q&A with Anrick Bregman and Nicole Paglia, the creators of The Most Northern Place.
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with POV Films
September 15 - October 15 is Hispanic Heritage Month! Celebrate and learn about Hispanic Heritage with POV films.
- Announcing POV Hackathon 7 (Nov. 8-9, 2014 in New York City)
Fast Company called it one of 2014's "most anticipated events." Don't miss your chance to participate in POV Hackathon.
- Ken Burns on What We Can Do About That “One Thing We Have to Fear”
Last night, at the end of the fourth episode of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, we saw Ken Burns do something pretty special.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A With the Creator of “Fukushima: The Eternal Season”
Q&A with Jake Price, the creator of Fukushima: The Eternal Season.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Eline Jongsma and Kel O'Neill (“Empire”)
Kel O'Neill and Eline Jongsma take POV behind the scenes of Empire.
- Ken Burns's The Roosevelts: The Truth Outside the Frame
We're in the thick of The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, Ken Burns's seven-part PBS series, but what I want to address here is what's not on the screen.
- Ken Burns on “The Ken Burns Effect” (and the 8 Effects He Actually Uses)
"I have saved millions of bar mitzvahs and weddings and vacations," say Burns, whose seven-part series, The Roosevelts: An Intimate History, begins Sunday on PBS.