- Next on POV: The Genius of Marian
A visually rich, emotionally complex story about one family's struggle to come to terms with Alzheimer's disease. Watch it Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and experts.
- It's Time to Remove the Stigma That Follows Ken Burns
I did a deep dive into Burns's work, and I began to realize that a no-holds-barred appreciation of the greatness of his work is due.
- Bronx Documentary Center and American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs
American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs screened at the Bronx Documentary Center in late July. Co-Founder of the Center Danielle Jackson shares her takeaways from an evening of conversations.
- Next on POV: After Tiller
A probing portrait of the only four doctors in the United States still openly performing third-trimester abortions. Watch it Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and experts.
- Tuesday: Join a Live Chat About 'After Tiller' and the Ethics of Third-Trimester Abortions
Ask your questions on Google+ on Tuesday, September 2, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- 11 Sites and Apps for Watching Documentaries Free Online
Love watching documentaries online? We think POV's free streams of new and classic docs is great, but there are even more places you'll find great selections right now!
- Getting Real: A New Documentary Conference Aiming for Industry Action, Not Just Conversation
International Documentary Association director Michael Lumpkin gives POV a preview of its new documentary conference, Getting Real, and his hopes for changing the documentary industry. Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2014 in Los Angeles.
- How We Made An iOS App in a Weekend with Creatavist
Atavist's Olivia Koski recaps a weekend of collaboration at POV Hackathon in New York City.
- Op-Doc: “A Marriage to Remember” by “The Genius of Marian” filmmaker Banker White
Watch A Marriage to Remember, an Op-Doc from The New York Times by The Genius of Marian filmmaker Banker White.
- Your Browser Isn't a VCR: Tips for Taking Control of Web Video Controls
Don't treat your web video like it's a technology from the 1970s.
- Tuesday: Join a Live Chat About the International Oil Business #bigmen
Ask filmmaker Rachel Boynton, former Kosmos chief executive Jim Musselman, and Oxfam America Senior Policy Manager Ian Gary - Tuesday, August 26, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Next on POV: Big Men
Executive produced by Brad Pitt, Big Men is an unprecedented inside look at the global deal making and dark underside of energy development. Watch it Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and experts.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
What a great roundup of POV films being screened this week across the country! Don't forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events.
- Are Meaningful Conversations Considered Social Impact?: A Lesson from Grace Lee Boggs and American Revolutionary
Active Voice Program Director Sahar Driver shares takeaways from their engagement strategy and partnership with The World Cafe around POV's "American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs".
- Ask the Filmmakers: 'A World Not Ours' (Tue. Aug. 19, 2014)
Mahdi Fleifel, Patrick Campbell and Sari Hanafi are taking your questions live on Tuesday, August 19, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Thom Powers on “The Look of Silence,” and How the Toronto Film Fest's Conference Is Tackling the Digital Documentary Landscape
Michael Moore, Joshua Oppenheimer, Marc Schiller and Astra Taylor will be a part of the Toronto International Film Festival's Doc Conference, Sept 9-10, 2014.
- Next on POV: A World Not Ours
A passionate, bittersweet account of one family’s multi-generational experience living as permanent refugees. Premieres Monday, August 18, 2014, on PBS stations.
- How Fair Use Brought Dream Deceivers to Home Video
Filmmaker David Van Taylor employed fair use of his 1992 POV film Dream Deceivers. Now, a new generation will be able to see the famous doc about the trial that tried Judas Priest for putting subliminal messages in their music.