- Op-Doc: “A Marriage to Remember” by 'The Genius of Marian' filmmaker Banker White
Watch A Marriage to Remember, an Op-Doc from The New York Times by The Genius of Marian filmmaker Banker White.
- Your Browser Isn't a VCR: Tips for Taking Control of Web Video Controls
Don't treat your web video like it's a technology from the 1970s.
- Tuesday: Join a Live Chat About the International Oil Business #bigmen
Ask filmmaker Rachel Boynton, former Kosmos chief executive Jim Musselman, and Oxfam America Senior Policy Manager Ian Gary - Tuesday, August 26, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Next on POV: Big Men
Executive produced by Brad Pitt, Big Men is an unprecedented inside look at the global deal making and dark underside of energy development. Watch it Monday on PBS, and join the discussion with the filmmaker and experts.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
What a great roundup of POV films being screened this week across the country! Don't forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events.
- Are Meaningful Conversations Considered Social Impact?: A Lesson from Grace Lee Boggs and American Revolutionary
Active Voice Program Director Sahar Driver shares takeaways from their engagement strategy and partnership with The World Cafe around POV's "American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs".
- Ask the Filmmakers: 'A World Not Ours' (Tue. Aug. 19, 2014)
Mahdi Fleifel, Patrick Campbell and Sari Hanafi are taking your questions live on Tuesday, August 19, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Thom Powers on 'The Look of Silence,' and How the Toronto Film Fest's Conference Is Tackling the Digital Documentary Landscape
Michael Moore, Joshua Oppenheimer, Marc Schiller and Astra Taylor will be a part of the Toronto International Film Festival's Doc Conference, Sept 9-10, 2014.
- Next on POV: A World Not Ours
A passionate, bittersweet account of one family’s multi-generational experience living as permanent refugees. Premieres Monday, August 18, 2014, on PBS stations.
- How Fair Use Brought 'Dream Deceivers' to Home Video
Filmmaker David Van Taylor employed fair use of his 1992 POV film Dream Deceivers. Now, a new generation will be able to see the famous doc about the trial that tried Judas Priest for putting subliminal messages in their music.
- Next on POV: Neurotypical
Returning to PBS stations Monday, August 11, 2014! Watch the POV documentary Neurotypical, an unprecedented exploration of autism from the point of view of autistic people themselves.
- Why the NFB and Arte Are Crafting 'Interactive Haiku' – Register Your Idea by August 5, 2014
The National Film Board of Canada's Hugues Sweeney talks to POV about Interactive Haiku, a new co-production with Arte that will see the creation of 12 new pieces of short — very, very short — interactive art.
- Join the Online Video Chat with '15 to Life' Filmmaker Nadine Pequeneza
Ask your questions for the filmmaker of 15 to Life during our online Google+ video chat on Tuesday, August 5, 2-3 PM ET (11 AM-12 PM PT).
- The Doc Days of Summer
Many of the big docs ("big" defined as docs with box-office potential, early award buzz or strong pedigree) come out in summer. Of the top 20 box office-earning documentaries of all time, eight were released in the summer.
- How to Create Video Transitions for Web Video in Your Browser
A demonstration of how web-based media creators can add elaborate transition effects beyond the simple cut, mimicking what might have previously required Final Cut or After Effects.
- Next on POV: 15 to Life: Kenneth's Story
Does sentencing a teenager to life without parole serve our society well? 15 to Life: Kenneth's Story premieres Monday, August 4, 2014, at 10 PM on PBS stations. #15tolife
- The Creative Media Institute: A New Wave of Documentary Filmmakers (and Ken Burns) Fuels Hampshire College's Revived Seminar Series
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston says this summer's series could become "a significant venue for the documentary filmmakers of tomorrow and the documentary pros and fans of today."
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Fallen City' Premieres Tonight!
Fallen City premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.