- Sebastian Junger's Documentary Korengal Is “For the Soldiers”
Journalist/filmmaker Sebastian Junger talks to Tom Roston about Bowe Bergdahl, Hollywood's depiction of war and revisiting the footage made with his Restrepo co-director Tim Hetherington.
- Coming Soon to POV: When I Walk
Jason DaSilva was 25 years old and a rising independent filmmaker when a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis changed everything — and inspired him to make another film. When I Walk premieres Monday, June 23, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV's “The Jazz Ticket” Selected for 2014 PBS Online Film Festival
POV presents The Jazz Ticket as part of the third annual PBS Online Film Festival. Watch the Online Film Festival trailer.
- Master Filmmaker Agnès Varda Gives Us Her Version of a Travelogue in “From Here to There”
Legendary film and documentary director Agnès Varda's five-part docu-series Agnès Varda: From Here to There is airing on SundanceNow.
- Now Streaming! The Words in the Margins – New Documentary Short from POV
Celebrate independent films with PBS Indies Shorts by watching a new POV short, The Words in the Margins.
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes with Journalist Kassie Bracken
The New York Times video journalist Kassie Bracken on roadtripping with Caitlin Kiernan to Finksburg, Maryland in search of nipples.
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes With Subject Caitlin Kiernan
Caitlin Kiernan, subject of The New York Times documentary "The Nipple Artist," talks to POV about telling her story.
- The Nipple Artist: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes
How do breast cancer survivors recapture their sense of self after surgeries, chemotherapy and reconstruction? "The Nipple Artist" by The New York Times tells the story of one woman's journey for closure... and nipples.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
Sneak preview screenings of our 27th Season are starting around the country. Eager to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- 10 Secrets for Making the Most of Your Film's Broadcast Premiere
Picture Motion's Alexandra Pearson and Megan Ryan take us behind the scenes of the social impact campaigns of five remarkable films that aired on CNN, HBO, OWN and POV.
- POV Hackathon 6: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Five teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- Announcing the POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Winner…
Congrats to The World In Ten Blocks, POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Award Winner!
- Ask Your Jewish Grandmother About “The Sturgeon Queens”
Smoked fish, caviar, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Mario Battali take the Jewish film festival circuit and PBS by storm with The Sturgeon Queens. Tom Roston talks to director Julie Cohen about the film.
- International Students at The New School Screen and Discuss 'Last Train Home'
In celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, POV intern Tomas Uribe and the International Student Society and Advisory board screened Last Train Home at The New School. Tomas reports back on the screening and discussion on migration and human rights.
- POV Hackathon 5: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Six teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- Parenting from Both Sides of the Camera
On a motherless, motherful Mother's Day, filmmaker Judith Helfand reflects on what she has learned on both sides of the camera from her mother Florence (of Healthy Baby Girl fame), who died this past September.
- POV Hackathon: Last Call for Volunteers!
Want a behind-the-scenes look into the creation of interactive documentaries? Volunteer for POV Hackathon 5 or 6 in New York or Los Angeles!
- Film Presence and After Tiller: An Outreach Case Study for Filmmakers
Our friends at IFP, Film Presence and the filmmakers of After Tiller treated a packed house at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP to an illuminating case study of the film’s outreach campaign and audience-building strategy.