- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Dance for Me' Premieres Tonight
Dance for Me premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Smart Cropping for Video: A Tool for Displaying Video at Any Aspect Ratio
With ubiquitous availability of video in mobile and desktop browsers, letterbox may no longer be the best way to adapt a viewers experience to the content.
- Getting Back to Abnormal Premiere Party at d.b.a. Brooklyn
POV and filmmakers Louis Alvarez, Andrew Kolker, and Peter Odabashian had a great time celebrating the PBS national broadcast of Getting Back to Abnormal on Monday July 14th at d.b.a Brooklyn.
- Join a Live Q&A with Donovan, Mr. Womack and the Filmmakers of 'The Jazz Ticket' – Tuesday!
Join the video chat on Google+ with the subjects and filmmakers of the inspiring documentary short. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at 7-8 PM ET (4-5 PM PT).
- Next on POV: Dance for Me
At 15, Russian ballroom dancer Egor leaves everyone and everything he knows for a chance to team up with promising 14-year-old performer Mie. Will his choice be worth it? Dance for Me premieres Monday, July 21, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Join an Online Chat with 'Fallen City' Filmmaker Qi Zhao
Fallen City director Qi Zhao is taking your questions in a live chat. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at 11 AM ET (8 AM PT).
- Chat Live with Egor from 'Dance for Me' and Filmmaker Katrine Philp
Ask your questions on Google+ this Tuesday, July 22, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Coming Soon to POV: Neurotypical
The POV documentary Neurotypical is an unprecedented exploration of autism from the point of view of autistic people themselves. Watch the encore presentation August 11, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV Films Receive 6 Emmy Nominations!
POV has received 6 nominations for the 35th Annual News & Documentary Emmy Awards. PBS earned three of the five nominations for Best Documentary and 43 nominations in total. more than any other broadcaster.
- Getting Ready for a Year of Experimentation (“No Predictions” Edition)
New capabilities demand new conventions for communicating with viewers as well as new processes for authors.
- “Just Watched It, Now I'm Crying” – PBS Viewers Had These Touching Reactions to POV's “My Way to Olympia”
Watch My Way to Olympia free on POV's website & apps until August 7, 2014, and join the conversation. #MyWayToOlympia
- Next on POV: Getting Back to Abnormal
Corruption. Racism. Dancing in the streets. Election time in New Orleans. Let the good times roll. Premieres Monday, July 14, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Critical Acclaim for “My Way to Olympia” – Now Streaming Free Online at POV
Read what critics have been saying about POV's documentary My Way to Olympia, then watch it free right now on the POV website or mobile apps!
- Viewers Respond to 'American Revolutionary' – Watch Free Online Until July 30, 2014!
See what viewers have been saying about American Revolutionary, streaming free on POV's website in July.
- Next on POV: My Way to Olympia
Who better to cover the Paralympics than a disabled filmmaker who hates sports and deems the games "stupid?" Watch Niko von Glasow's My Way to Olympia Monday, July 7, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Critics Are Raving About “When I Walk” and You Can Watch It Free Here!
Read what critics have been saying about POV's season premiere, the documentary When I Walk, then watch it free right now on the POV website or mobile apps!
- Coming Soon to POV: 15 to Life
Does sentencing a teenager to life without parole serve society? This eye-opening film reveals a justice system that routinely condemns young Americans to die in prison. Premieres Monday, August 4, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Networking Tips for Documentary Filmmakers
In the latest episode of TFI Live, POV Digital Executive Producer Adnaan Wasey offers tips for networking like a pro.