- #docchat: Join a Twitter Chat with 'When I Walk' Filmmakers Jason DaSilva & Alice Cook
A diagnosis of multiple sclerosis didn't stop Jason DaSilva from making When I Walk. Join a chat with DaSilva and special guests. Tuesday, June 24, 2014, from 7-9 PM ET (4-6 PM PT).
- #docchat: How to Make the Documentary Short – With Storyhunter & the Filmmakers of “The Jazz Ticket”
Join the video chat on Google+ this Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 1-2 PM (10-11 AM PT), and ask your questions about The Jazz Ticket and Storyhunter's editorial process.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
Jason DaSilva's powerful document When I Walk opens our 27th Season on June 23rd - and communities across the country are getting a sneak peek. To find out about POV community screenings happening in your area, check out our local screenings map.
- Coming Soon to POV: Getting Back to Abnormal
Corruption. Racism. Dancing in the streets. Election time in New Orleans. Let the good times roll. Getting Back to Abnormal premieres Monday, July 14, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: My Way to Olympia
Who better to cover the Paralympics than a disabled filmmaker who hates sports and deems the games "stupid?" Niko von Glasow's "My Way to Olympia" premieres Monday, July 7, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs
Meet Grace Lee Boggs, a Chinese American philosopher in Detroit who has been waging a revolution for 75 years. Premieres Monday, June 30, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Peter Young on “The Last Ocean” and the Politics of Antarctica's Ross Sea
"We have no idea how valuable those places will be in a couple of generations. Right now, it takes a lot of foresight. Empty pockets and a bank deficit are not very good for foresight. It's the same as every problem we face -- it's short-term gain as opposed to the long-term benefits."
- The Inaugural New York WILD Film Festival Showcases Documentaries About Adventure and Exploration
In January, the Explorer's Club opened its wrought-iron doors to crowds of freezing New Yorkers, who trekked through snowy sidewalks and single-digit temperatures to attend the opening night of the New York WILD Film Festival.
- Sebastian Junger's Documentary Korengal Is “For the Soldiers”
Journalist/filmmaker Sebastian Junger talks to Tom Roston about Bowe Bergdahl, Hollywood's depiction of war and revisiting the footage made with his Restrepo co-director Tim Hetherington.
- Coming Soon to POV: When I Walk
Jason DaSilva was 25 years old and a rising independent filmmaker when a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis changed everything — and inspired him to make another film. When I Walk premieres Monday, June 23, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV's “The Jazz Ticket” Selected for 2014 PBS Online Film Festival
POV presents The Jazz Ticket as part of the third annual PBS Online Film Festival. Watch the Online Film Festival trailer.
- Master Filmmaker Agnès Varda Gives Us Her Version of a Travelogue in “From Here to There”
Legendary film and documentary director Agnès Varda's five-part docu-series Agnès Varda: From Here to There is airing on SundanceNow.
- Now Streaming! The Words in the Margins – New Documentary Short from POV
Celebrate independent films with PBS Indies Shorts by watching a new POV short, The Words in the Margins.
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes with Journalist Kassie Bracken
The New York Times video journalist Kassie Bracken on roadtripping with Caitlin Kiernan to Finksburg, Maryland in search of nipples.
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes With Subject Caitlin Kiernan
Caitlin Kiernan, subject of The New York Times documentary "The Nipple Artist," talks to POV about telling her story.
- The Nipple Artist: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes
How do breast cancer survivors recapture their sense of self after surgeries, chemotherapy and reconstruction? "The Nipple Artist" by The New York Times tells the story of one woman's journey for closure... and nipples.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
Sneak preview screenings of our 27th Season are starting around the country. Eager to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- 10 Secrets for Making the Most of Your Film's Broadcast Premiere
Picture Motion's Alexandra Pearson and Megan Ryan take us behind the scenes of the social impact campaigns of five remarkable films that aired on CNN, HBO, OWN and POV.