- The Men of Atalissa: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with Journalists from The New York Times
Kassie Bracken and Dan Barry tell POV the story behind the story of a group of men with intellectual disability who, for decades, were exploited by a turkey-processing company.
- What's Streaming, March 2014 Edition
Watch award-winning documentaries from POV free online this month! Including recent films you missed on TV, online-exclusive documentary shorts, and classics from POV's 27-year archive.
- PBS Indies Shorts – Now Streaming at POV
Celebrate independent films with the PBS Indies Shorts by streaming three new POV shorts.
- $1,500 for a Second of Footage? A New Site Is Connecting Marketers to Documentary Filmmakers
Dust off those old hard drives. Catch & Release wants your B-roll.
- Your Best and Worst Advice for Documentary Filmmakers
Drawing influence from the new book Tell Me Something: Documentary Filmmakers, POV blog readers offer some of their best and worst advice for documentary filmmakers.
- True/False: Interview with 'Actress' Filmmaker Robert Greene
Doc Soup Man interviews filmmaker Robert Greene of the documentary Actress. Premieres at True/False Film Fest 2014.
- Homegoings: New Ways to Watch on Vimeo
Homegoings will be available for digital rental through Vimeo on Demand starting February 18, 2014.
- With DOC RED, A Hope for Mexican Documentary Filmmakers
Faced with limited distribution options, Mexico's documentary filmmakers have banded together. POV Intern and DOC RED member Melissa Saucedo reports back from a recent meeting.
- Viewers Respond to “American Promise” – Watch Free Online Until March 6, 2014!
Highlights of what viewers have been saying about American Promise, which is streaming free on POV's website until March 6, 2014.
- When Will the Women of the Documentary World Get Their Due?
Of the Oscar-nominated documentaries this year, only one is directed by a woman (Jehane Noujaim, of The Square).
- February 2014 POV Streaming Films
Check out which POV films you can stream for free this month, including our February 3, 2014 broadcast, American Promise, Racing Dreams, Reportero and more!
- Next on POV: American Promise
American Promise spans 13 years as middle-class African-American parents turn their cameras on their son and his best friend through one of the most prestigious private schools in the country. Premieres Monday, February 3, 2014 on PBS stations. Watch online for free starting February 4, 2014.
- Join a Live Online Screening of American Promise with Filmmakers Michèle Stephenson and Joe Brewster
Ask questions to the filmmakers and subjects featured in American Promise along with select partner organizations during our live OVEE screening on Tuesday, February 4 from 7-9 PM ET (4-6 PM PT).
- Play Now: The Reportero Challenge: Do You Have What It Takes?
Do you have what it takes to be the editor of a newspaper in Tijuana, Mexico? Take The Reportero Challenge and find out.
- Documentary Filmmakers: You Call That A Trailer?
What's the deal with documentary trailers? Tom Roston considers some of the best and most disappointing doc trailers he's seen and wonders if they're a marketing tool finally on the upswing in the documentary world.
- Filmgate 2014 Highlights POV's Digital History & Future
The cross-media conference's POV Digital retrospective puts the spotlight on the evolution of documentary engagement and new media. Feb. 1 - Feb. 5, 2014, in Miami.
- Take the 2014 International Documentary Challenge
Sign up now for the 2014 International Documentary Challenge. The final registration deadline is February 15, 2014!
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.