- Featured Event: Senior Planet Presents 'American Revolutionary'
Join Senior Planet for a free screening of 'American Revolutionary.'
- Featured Event: Portland Community College's Cascade Festival of African Films Presents 'Beats of the Antonov'
Join Portland Community College at their 25th annual Cascade Festival of African Films for a screening of 'Beats of the Antonov.'
- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Featured Event: Chicago Public Library – Woodson Regional branch Presents 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary'
Join the Chicago Public Library - Woodson Regional branch for a free screening of 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary,' in honor of African American History Month.
- Featured Event: Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice Present 'The Storm Makers'
Join the Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers', as part of a free weekly program of films and speakers on a wide variety of peace and social justice issues.
- Lauded Documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' Returns to Public Television
Oscar-nominated 'Eyes on the Prize', the critically-acclaimed documentary on America's 20th century civil rights movement, will broadcast on WORLD Channel Sundays at 8/7c starting January 17th.
- Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 Series Explores Transformations
Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 series explores transformations. POV speaks with Lana Lin about her experience as programmer for this season of Flaherty NYC.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'All the Difference'
Join the DeKalb branch of the Brooklyn Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference.'
- Doc Apocalypse? Michael Moore and Documentary Box Office Success
Tom Roston sits down with Michael Moore to talk Oscars and documentary box office success.
- Featured Event: MIT's Department of Urban Studies and Planning Presents 'The Overnighters'
Join the MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning for a free screening of 'The Overnighters' as part of an ongoing film series.
- Featured Event: Brooklyn Museum Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Join the Brooklyn Museum for a screening of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) to kick off the new year and the first Target First Saturday of 2016.
- Almost There: Outsider Art and Documentary Ethics
In Almost There by Dan Rybicky and Aaron Wickenden, documenting an unknown artist's story leads a filmmaker to confront his own family's history of mental illness and dysfunction.
- Featured Event: The California Film Institute and the Bar Association of San Francisco present Neuland
Join the California Film Institute for a free screening of 'Neuland', followed by a discussion with Avantika Shastri, Legal Director of the San Francisco Immigrant Defense Collaborative at the Bar Association of San Francisco.
- The action-packed nuance of Cartel Land
The case for Cartel Land to make the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature.
- Featured Event: The National Latino Institute for Reproductive Health Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- Lesson Plan Theme: The Politics of Elections
Over the years POV has featured a number of films about elections. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, ranging from lesson plans and discussion guides to interactive features.
- Lesson Plan Theme: The Environment
Over the years POV has featured a number of films about the environment. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans to interactive games.
- Commemorate National Adoption Month
Explore POV's films and resources on adoption with your community.