- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Center Presents 'Return to Homs'
Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of 'Return to Homs', followed by a Q&A with director Talal Derki via Skype.
- 7 Questions with Michael Kamber, Founder of the Bronx Documentary Center
We asked Michael Kamber, founder and director, seven questions about his vision for the Center and its place in the Bronx community.
- Featured Event: The Center for Latino Arts and Culture at Rutgers University Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone'
Join the Center for Latino Arts and Culture at Rutgers University for a free screening and discussion of 'Don't Tell Anyone.'
- Top 10 Documentaries to Watch at SXSW 2016
The 10 documentaries Doc Soup's Tom Roston is looking forward to at SXSW 2016.
- Reel Talk: The Panels to Look Out For at SXSW
A look into the cool panels at SXSW this year.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- Featured Event: Astoria Public Library Presents 'Girl Model'
Join the Astoria Public Library for a free screening of 'Girl Model,' followed by a discussion.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Reflections on David Felix Sutcliffe's 'Adama' from a 7th grade class
David Felix Sutcliffe comments how Islamophobia has largely gone unchecked but sees hope for tolerance and understanding from insightful letters he read in response to his film.
- Featured Event: Rockland Public Library Presents 'Herman's House'
Join the Rockland Public Library for a free screening of 'Herman's House.'
- Featured Event: Senior Planet Presents 'American Revolutionary'
Join Senior Planet for a free screening of 'American Revolutionary.'
- Featured Event: Portland Community College's Cascade Festival of African Films Presents 'Beats of the Antonov'
Join Portland Community College at their 25th annual Cascade Festival of African Films for a screening of 'Beats of the Antonov.'
- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Featured Event: Chicago Public Library – Woodson Regional branch Presents 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary'
Join the Chicago Public Library - Woodson Regional branch for a free screening of 'The Barber of Birmingham' and 'American Revolutionary,' in honor of African American History Month.
- Featured Event: Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice Present 'The Storm Makers'
Join the Berkshire Citizens for Peace and Justice for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers', as part of a free weekly program of films and speakers on a wide variety of peace and social justice issues.
- Lauded Documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' Returns to Public Television
Oscar-nominated 'Eyes on the Prize', the critically-acclaimed documentary on America's 20th century civil rights movement, will broadcast on WORLD Channel Sundays at 8/7c starting January 17th.
- Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 Series Explores Transformations
Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 series explores transformations. POV speaks with Lana Lin about her experience as programmer for this season of Flaherty NYC.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'All the Difference'
Join the DeKalb branch of the Brooklyn Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference.'
- Doc Apocalypse? Michael Moore and Documentary Box Office Success
Tom Roston sits down with Michael Moore to talk Oscars and documentary box office success.