- Doc Memo: Insights from Modern Storytelling, VR Experience in Chernobyl
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- How to Program the Largest Documentary Festival in North America
For Hot Docs Director of Programming Shane Smith, putting together an engaging, diverse film festival is no easy task, and he wouldn't want it any other way.
- Featured Event: University of Oregon's Conflict Resolution Services Presents 'Beats of the Antonov'
Join The University of Oregon's Conflict Resolution Services for a free screening of 'Beats of the Antonov,' followed by a discussion.
- Tribeca 2016: A Virtual Reality Odyssey
How nonfiction filmmakers work with virtual reality.
- What Does POV Look For in a Film?
With the opening of POV's annual Call for Entries and the start of our 29th season on PBS, we wanted to refresh your minds on what POV looks for in a film.
- POV's 2017 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2017 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Thursday, June 30, 2016.
- The Real Subjects, Real People, Real Experiences at Full Frame 2016
Doc Soup Man's biggest takeaway from Full Frame? Documentary honesty.
- Featured Event: Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Join Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas A Nadie),' followed by a panel discussion.
- The Urgent, Enriching, and Harrowing Documentaries at Full Frame
The documentaries you'll regret missing at Full Frame 2016.
- Featured Event: Bowdoin College Presents 'The Storm Makers'
Join Bowdoin College for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers,' followed by a panel and facilitated discussion with Cambodian exchange students.
- Featured Event: DeKalb Library Presents 'Ella Es el Matador'
Join DeKalb Library for a free screening of 'Ella Es el Matador,' in celebration of Women's History Month.
- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Center Presents 'Return to Homs'
Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of 'Return to Homs', followed by a Q&A with director Talal Derki via Skype.
- 7 Questions with Michael Kamber, Founder of the Bronx Documentary Center
We asked Michael Kamber, founder and director, seven questions about his vision for the Center and its place in the Bronx community.
- Featured Event: The Center for Latino Arts and Culture at Rutgers University Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone'
Join the Center for Latino Arts and Culture at Rutgers University for a free screening and discussion of 'Don't Tell Anyone.'
- Top 10 Documentaries to Watch at SXSW 2016
The 10 documentaries Doc Soup's Tom Roston is looking forward to at SXSW 2016.
- Reel Talk: The Panels to Look Out For at SXSW
A look into the cool panels at SXSW this year.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- Featured Event: Astoria Public Library Presents 'Girl Model'
Join the Astoria Public Library for a free screening of 'Girl Model,' followed by a discussion.