- November is Alzheimer's Awareness Month and Family Caregivers Month
Honor the caregivers in your life with 'The Genius of Marian'.
- Commemorate National Native American Heritage Month with POV Films
POV invites you to commemorate National Native American Heritage Month in your classroom or community with documentaries exploring Native American identity and culture.
- Hollywood's Opportunity for a Referendum on Scientology
Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear is giving Hollywood the chance to say, "This Scientology crap isn't what we're about."
- Featured Event: Freedom Flicks & Critical Resistance present – American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs
Celebrate the life of Grace Lee Boggs.
- POV Digital wins three AIVA 2015 Davey Awards!
The Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has bestowed POV Interactive Shorts with three Davey Awards.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different?
A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.
- Ross Sutherland Remixes Non-fiction Storytelling
I share a few things, other than facial hair, with U.K. visual artist and poet Ross Sutherland. There’s an interest in how we humans find patterns in our experiences, in culture, and in our own thought processes that help us understand—maybe the better word is “fool ourselves”—about who we are. There’s also Sutherland’s fascination with […]
- POV Hackathon 10: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Four teams 're-invented the documentary' at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology at CreatorUp! in Los Angeles.
- POV Films Win Two News & Documentary Emmy Awards
'After Tiller' Takes Top Trophy for Best Documentary, 'When I Walk' Wins Outstanding Informational Programming — Long Form
- Next on POV: Art and Craft
Mark Landis is one of the most prolific art forgers of the modern era — and he isn't in it for the money - Friday on PBS.
- Next on POV: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)
Since the age of 4, Angy Rivera has lived in the United States with a secret that threatens to upend her life: She is undocumented. Watch Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) - Monday on PBS.
- Next on POV: Cutie and the Boxer
Oscar-nominated documentary takes us inside the unruly, lively 40-year marriage and artistic partnership of Ushio and Noriko Shinohara. Watch "Cutie and the Boxer" - Monday on PBS.
- Featured Event: 'No Le Digas a Nadie (Don't Tell Anyone)' in Boston, MA
Join the Arlington International Film Festival for a free screening and discussion of Don't Tell Anyone.
- The Detroit Graduates: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with The New York Times
Kassie Bracken discusses The Detroit Graduates, a six part documentary following five high school seniors graduating from Denby High School in Detroit in 2013, the year the city declared bankruptcy.
- The Ragged Edge: An Interview with Matt Sienkiewicz
"When you start a documentary like this, you don't know until the very end whether or not you have a story."
- Special Event! POV Takes Over the Photoville NYC Beer Garden on September 18, 2015
POV takes over the Photoville Beer Garden on Friday, September 18, 2015! RSVP for a sneak-preview of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie), plus screenings of selected documentary shorts and an inside look at our series on PBS!
- Featured Event: 'The Genius of Marian' in Hallowell, Maine
Join Spectrum Generations for a free screening and discussion of 'The Genius of Marian' at the Cohen Community Center.
- Three Docs on Ice: Science, Spectacle, and Storytelling
Three recent documentaries address glaciers and climate change with differing focus on science, spectacle and storytelling.