- POV Digital wins three AIVA 2015 Davey Awards!
The Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has bestowed POV Interactive Shorts with three Davey Awards.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different?
A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.
- Ross Sutherland Remixes Nonfiction Storytelling
Meet the U.K. visual artist and poet that created a hybrid of poetry, documentary, rap and video art.
- POV Hackathon 10: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Four teams 're-invented the documentary' at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology at CreatorUp! in Los Angeles.
- POV Films Win Two News & Documentary Emmy Awards
'After Tiller' Takes Top Trophy for Best Documentary, 'When I Walk' Wins Outstanding Informational Programming — Long Form
- Next on POV: Art and Craft
Mark Landis is one of the most prolific art forgers of the modern era — and he isn't in it for the money - Friday on PBS.
- Next on POV: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)
Since the age of 4, Angy Rivera has lived in the United States with a secret that threatens to upend her life: She is undocumented. Watch Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) - Monday on PBS.
- Next on POV: Cutie and the Boxer
Oscar-nominated documentary takes us inside the unruly, lively 40-year marriage and artistic partnership of Ushio and Noriko Shinohara. Watch "Cutie and the Boxer" - Monday on PBS.
- Featured Event: 'No Le Digas a Nadie (Don't Tell Anyone)' in Boston, MA
Join the Arlington International Film Festival for a free screening and discussion of Don't Tell Anyone.
- The Detroit Graduates: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with The New York Times
Kassie Bracken discusses The Detroit Graduates, a six part documentary following five high school seniors graduating from Denby High School in Detroit in 2013, the year the city declared bankruptcy.
- The Ragged Edge: An Interview with Matt Sienkiewicz
"When you start a documentary like this, you don't know until the very end whether or not you have a story."
- Special Event! POV Takes Over the Photoville NYC Beer Garden on September 18, 2015
POV takes over the Photoville Beer Garden on Friday, September 18, 2015! RSVP for a sneak-preview of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie), plus screenings of selected documentary shorts and an inside look at our series on PBS!
- Featured Event: 'The Genius of Marian' in Hallowell, Maine
Join Spectrum Generations for a free screening and discussion of 'The Genius of Marian' at the Cohen Community Center.
- Three Docs on Ice: Science, Spectacle, and Storytelling
Three recent documentaries address glaciers and climate change with differing focus on science, spectacle and storytelling.
- Las luchas internas de niños indocumentados son reveladas en el documental de POV 'No le digas a nadie', que se exhibe el lunes, 21 de septiembre, 2015 en PBS
"Somos sobrevivientes", dice Angy Rivera, quien ahora es una joven mujer, y que insta a otros a "salir" de las sombras de inmigración. Una co-producción de ITVS; una co-presentación con Latino Public Broadcasting.
- Spread the Word: 'The Storm Makers' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about The Storm Makers.
- Next on POV: The Storm Makers
Three personal stories reflect the dark side of globalization and its devastating human toll. Watch "The Storm Makers" - Monday on PBS.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Wrap-Up and Reflections
A look back on using The New York Times Op-Doc series as the focus for a course in online documentary production.