- The Detroit Graduates: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with The New York Times
Kassie Bracken discusses The Detroit Graduates, a six part documentary following five high school seniors graduating from Denby High School in Detroit in 2013, the year the city declared bankruptcy.
- The Ragged Edge: An Interview with Matt Sienkiewicz
"When you start a documentary like this, you don't know until the very end whether or not you have a story."
- Special Event! POV Takes Over the Photoville NYC Beer Garden on September 18, 2015
POV takes over the Photoville Beer Garden on Friday, September 18, 2015! RSVP for a sneak-preview of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie), plus screenings of selected documentary shorts and an inside look at our series on PBS!
- Featured Event: 'The Genius of Marian' in Hallowell, Maine
Join Spectrum Generations for a free screening and discussion of 'The Genius of Marian' at the Cohen Community Center.
- Three Docs on Ice: Science, Spectacle, and Storytelling
Three recent documentaries address glaciers and climate change with differing focus on science, spectacle and storytelling.
- Las luchas internas de niños indocumentados son reveladas en el documental de POV 'No le digas a nadie', que se exhibe el lunes, 21 de septiembre, 2015 en PBS
"Somos sobrevivientes", dice Angy Rivera, quien ahora es una joven mujer, y que insta a otros a "salir" de las sombras de inmigración. Una co-producción de ITVS; una co-presentación con Latino Public Broadcasting.
- Spread the Word: 'The Storm Makers' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about The Storm Makers.
- Next on POV: The Storm Makers
Three personal stories reflect the dark side of globalization and its devastating human toll. Watch "The Storm Makers" - Monday on PBS.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Wrap-Up and Reflections
A look back on using The New York Times Op-Doc series as the focus for a course in online documentary production.
- Next on POV: Point and Shoot
Matt VanDyke was a recent grad with a love of video games and action movies when he decided to embark on a "crash course in manhood". 'Point and Shoot' premieres Monday, August 24 on POV.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Helpful Resources
Some key resources, both online and in print, that helped develop materials for The New York Times Op-Docs curriculum.
- POV Hackathon 9: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Four teams 're-invented the documentary' at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology at the Chicago Innovation Exchange in Chicago!
- Announcing the POV Hackathon 9 Participants' Choice Award Winners…
In Your Own Words: Understanding The Troubles wins the POV Hackathon 9 Participants' Choice Award -- voted on by all team members at Chicago Innovation Exchange on August 16, 2015. See all the projects and prototypes, coming soon to the POV Blog.
- Upcoming Events
Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Assignments
Following a semester of teaching online documentary production through the Op-Docs series, this post offers a round-up of the assignments used in the course.
- TIFF Docs: A Look at What's Coming to Toronto International Film Festival in 2015
The Toronto International Film Festival lineup is out, and Tom Roston talks to programmer Thom Powers about music docs, Michael Moore, and what festival goers can look forward to this year September.
- Next on POV: Neuland
Far from home, young migrants learn to find their place in the world with the help of a trusted teacher. 'Neuland' premieres Monday August 17 on POV.
- Justine Nagan Appointed Executive Director/Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV
Justine Nagan has been named executive director of American Documentary, Inc. (AmDoc) and executive producer of POV (Point of View), its award-winning documentary series on PBS, the AmDoc board of directors announced today.