- #docchat: How I Made My First Documentary – Join POV's Twitter Chat on April 8
Join POV on Twitter for a #docchat with veteran documentary filmmakers and get their advice for first-time filmmakers on Tuesday, April 8, 1-2 PM ET (10-11 AM PT).
- The Greatest Documentaries of All Time: Doug Block on 'Sherman's March'
"[It] was, by turns, quirky and smart, comic and thematically serious, very personal yet highly entertaining, with an auteur's voice stamped indelibly on every frame. It was pure revelation."
- Where Are the First-Person Women Documentarians?
With Tiffany Shlain's personal documentary Connected wrapping up its theatrical run, Doc Soup Man Tom Roston asks why the best known first-person documentarians are men.
- 'Resurrect Dead' Director Jon Foy Tells the Sundance Story of his First Film
How does a confused first-time filmmaker get to Sundance and come back with its documentary directing prize? Adam Schartoff talks to Jon Foy about Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles, on VOD now and opening Friday, September 2, 2011, in New York City.
- Father Knows Best? Not Always! 12 Dad-centric Docs for Father's Day
In the run up to Father's Day, independent journalist Tom Roston checks in with a list of daddy-centric documentaries that by no means put pops on a pedestal.
- Happy 10th Birthday Wishes to the D-Word!
For those of you unfamiliar with the D-Word, it is a unique online community of over 2400 documentary professionals from over 78 countries who share information and resources on all things documentary, including creative, business, technical, and social topics. D-Word was started began as a series of online journal entries by filmmaker Doug Block depicting […]