- Create Your Own Essential DSLR Video Kit
Find out which camera body, lenses, audio equipment, rigs, tripods, monopods, editing software and other miscellaneous tools you need for a top-notch DSLR filmmaking kit.
- POV's 2013 Documentary Filmmaking Equipment Survey (Updated)
View the infographic. Cameras, lenses, audio and more: POV asked documentary filmmakers which gear they can’t live without, and which they can't wait to try.
- Nikon D800: Here Comes Nikon, I Think…
Nikon's D800, a $3,000 camera with a full-frame sensor puts the company known for its lenses squarely in the DSLR video game. Canon beware!
- 2012: What's In Store for The Filmmaking 99 Percent
A look forward at the technology that will define independent documentary filmmaking in 2012.
- 'Indie Game: The Movie' Rides $100,000 in Kickstarter Donations to Sundance 2012 Premiere
With Sundance's 2012 lineup announced, guest blogger Edward J. Delaney highlights the unconventional approach of one of the selected docs and its filmmakers, Lisanne Pajot and James Swirsky.
- How Much Money Does It Really Take to Make a Documentary?
In the wake of America's credit rating downgrade and a day after a 600-plus-point drop in the Dow, Edward J. Delaney of DocumentaryTech looks at how the documentary-film economy is changing rapidly.