- Community Spotlight: PBS SoCal Screens 'All The Difference' with Rhymefest
Community Engagement and Education Intern Cyrus Stowe asks Community Engagement Manager Keena Levert six questions about community engagement and her thoughts on the film.
- Featured Event: Monroe Township Public Library Presents 'All the Difference'
Join the Monroe Township Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference,' as part of their Summer 2016 Film Series.
- 7 Questions with Michael Kamber, Founder of the Bronx Documentary Center
We asked Michael Kamber, founder and director, seven questions about his vision for the Center and its place in the Bronx community.
- Alabama Public Television's 'Project C' Kicks Off POV's 'All the Difference' Station Activities
Thousands of students joined Alabama Public Television's live webcast of the final episode of its Project C electronic field trip series, kicking off nationwide activities hosted by PBS stations around All the Difference (POV 2016).
- Lesson Plan Theme: The Environment
Over the years POV has featured a number of films about the environment. This collection offers educators a range of our most popular accompanying content, from lesson plans to interactive games.
- Spread the Word: 'Art and Craft' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Art and Craft'.
- Spread the Word: 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'.
- The Detroit Graduates: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with The New York Times
Kassie Bracken discusses The Detroit Graduates, a six part documentary following five high school seniors graduating from Denby High School in Detroit in 2013, the year the city declared bankruptcy.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Wrap-Up and Reflections
A look back on using The New York Times Op-Doc series as the focus for a course in online documentary production.
- POV's 'Neuland,' a Poignant Look at Young Migrants Trying to Make a New Life In Switzerland, Premieres Monday, Aug. 17, 2015 on PBS
Far from Home, Young Migrants Learn to Find Their Place in the World with the Help Of a Trusted Teacher
- Teaching Op-Docs: Finding Ideas for Documentaries
"Where do you get ideas for documentaries?" is the number one question I have received through comments and conversations over the years. Here are some starting points to consider.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Women's Stories and Issues
A handful of the shorts appearing in the Op-Docs series focuses specifically on women and their stories, and this post offers a round-up of some of those stories.
- “American Promise” is back for free streaming on POV
Watch American Promise for free on POV through November 8, 2014 and get an update on the award-winning outreach campaign.
- POV Resources for #FergusonSyllabus
The POV films Every Mother's Son, Two Towns of Jasper and Revolution '67 provide a framework for conversation.
- Play Now: The Reportero Challenge: Do You Have What It Takes?
Do you have what it takes to be the editor of a newspaper in Tijuana, Mexico? Take The Reportero Challenge and find out.
- POV Sunday at the Talking Transition Tent
POV presented our two American Graduate Season 26 films, Brooklyn Castle and American Promise, on Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013 at the Talking Transition tent in Lower Manhattan.
- Coming to POV in 2013: 'American Promise'
In 2013, POV will broadcast 'American Promise,' a film that addresses the persistent educational achievement gap that affects African-American boys at all socioeconomic levels.
- Critics Say This POV Doc Opens Eyes and Sheds Light on Islamic Women
The Light in Her Eyes premieres tomorrow night, July 19, 2012, on PBS stations. Read what critics are saying about the film.