- Why It's Important to Be Open to Experimentation as a Film Editor
Geoffrey Richman shares why experimenting with ideas in the edit room can lead to great discoveries.
- Collaboration in the Edit Room: Maya Mumma Shares Her Co-Editing Process
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Maya Mumma about collaborating with mutiple editors on a film.
- Enter the Edit: Developing Mentorship in the Documentary Editing World
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Penelope Falk, an award-winning editor with over 15 years of documentary experience.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 1: Creative Use of Archival Footage
Joseph Krings, Mary Lampson, and Maya Mumma in conversation with Ashley Clark examine creative approaches to editing with archival footage.
- Contemplating the Cut: Takeaways and Tips for Documentary Editors
Useful insights for documentary editors and their collaborators from Contemplating the Cut 2017.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 2: Craft Conversations
Lindsay Utz and Chyld King share insights with moderator Marshall Curry about their process, deconstructing approaches to vérité and interview-based films.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Leigh Johnson
In the third edition of Enter the Edit, our guide will be 2017 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Leigh Johnson.
- Enter the Edit: Activating Feelings of Immediacy and Intimacy With a Film
How to make the audience feel like they're in the moment.
- Enter the Edit: How to Navigate the Documentary Editing World
It's a tired cliche, but don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Enter the Edit: The Challenges of Being Both Director and Editor
What happens when you have to be both at the same time?
- Enter the Edit: A Crash Course On Structuring Social-Issue Documentary
Famed film editor Kim Roberts, A.C.E. shares documentary wisdom.
- Final Cut Pro X, One Year Later
Apple's Final Cut Pro X was met with a lot of upset editors when it was announced last April and subsequently released in June 2011. Now that the dust has settled, where do we stand?