- The Real Subjects, Real People, Real Experiences at Full Frame 2016
Doc Soup Man's biggest takeaway from Full Frame? Documentary honesty.
- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Center Presents 'Return to Homs'
Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of 'Return to Homs', followed by a Q&A with director Talal Derki via Skype.
- Top 10 Documentaries to Watch at SXSW 2016
The 10 documentaries Doc Soup's Tom Roston is looking forward to at SXSW 2016.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Reflections on David Felix Sutcliffe's 'Adama' from a 7th grade class
David Felix Sutcliffe comments how Islamophobia has largely gone unchecked but sees hope for tolerance and understanding from insightful letters he read in response to his film.
- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Doc Soup's Most Anticipated Sundance Documentaries
From 'Weiner' to 'Jim,' these are the docs that we'll be hearing about all year.
- The Action-Packed Nuance of Cartel Land
The case for Cartel Land to make the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature.
- A Conversation with Filmmaker Maxim Pozdorovkin
Maxim Pozdorovkin, co-director of The Notorious Mr. Bout talks about his controversial subject and Russian stereotypes.
- Hollywood's Opportunity for a Referendum on Scientology
Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear is giving Hollywood the chance to say, "This Scientology crap isn't what we're about."
- POV Digital wins three AIVA 2015 Davey Awards!
The Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has bestowed POV Interactive Shorts with three Davey Awards.
- Spread the Word About 'The Overnighters' in the Final Hours!
The Overnighters airs tonight on PBS (check local listings). Let your community know about the film.
- Rooftop Films New York Non-Fiction
This Friday, join Rooftop Films for New York Non-Fiction. From the Upper West Side to Brighton Beach, from the Civic Center courts to Red Hook's baseball parks, New York is full of unique characters.
- PBS National Listening Tour News Round-Up
After the final stop of the PBS National Listening Tour, POV offers this round-up of organizations and individuals lending their voice to the conversation.
- Enter the Edit: A Conversation With Editor Jonathan Oppenheim
Colin Nusbaum speaks with his Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow mentor, esteemed editor Jonathan Oppenheim, about his editing process.
- 'India's Daughter' and the Importance of Social-Issue Documentaries
Banned from television in India as "objectionable content," Leslee Udwin's controversial documentary India's Daughter forces us to take a closer look at the 2012 gang rape in Dehli.
- Remembering Documentary Pioneer Albert Maysles
Tom Roston remembers veteran documentarian and mentor Albert Maysles.
- PBS Listening Tour Surveys Offer Road Map
It wasn’t possible for everyone’s voice to be heard at the New York Listening Tour stop on February 23rd. To take advantage of this moment to hear from our community, we conducted two surveys around the New York Listening Tour stop.