- The Action-Packed Nuance of Cartel Land
The case for Cartel Land to make the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature.
- A Conversation with Filmmaker Maxim Pozdorovkin
Maxim Pozdorovkin, co-director of The Notorious Mr. Bout talks about his controversial subject and Russian stereotypes.
- Hollywood's Opportunity for a Referendum on Scientology
Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear is giving Hollywood the chance to say, "This Scientology crap isn't what we're about."
- POV Digital wins three AIVA 2015 Davey Awards!
The Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has bestowed POV Interactive Shorts with three Davey Awards.
- Spread the Word About 'The Overnighters' in the Final Hours!
The Overnighters airs tonight on PBS (check local listings). Let your community know about the film.
- Rooftop Films New York Non-Fiction
This Friday, join Rooftop Films for New York Non-Fiction. From the Upper West Side to Brighton Beach, from the Civic Center courts to Red Hook's baseball parks, New York is full of unique characters.
- PBS National Listening Tour News Round-Up
After the final stop of the PBS National Listening Tour, POV offers this round-up of organizations and individuals lending their voice to the conversation.
- Enter the Edit: A Conversation With Editor Jonathan Oppenheim
Colin Nusbaum speaks with his Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow mentor, esteemed editor Jonathan Oppenheim, about his editing process.
- 'India's Daughter' and the Importance of Social-Issue Documentaries
Banned from television in India as "objectionable content," Leslee Udwin's controversial documentary India's Daughter forces us to take a closer look at the 2012 gang rape in Dehli.
- Remembering Documentary Pioneer Albert Maysles
Tom Roston remembers veteran documentarian and mentor Albert Maysles.
- PBS Listening Tour Surveys Offer Road Map
It wasn’t possible for everyone’s voice to be heard at the New York Listening Tour stop on February 23rd. To take advantage of this moment to hear from our community, we conducted two surveys around the New York Listening Tour stop.
- The Babel Project Connects Youth and Filmmaking
As many return to the second half of the school year, educational organization, The Babel Project and Global Kids are working together to bring documentary filmmaking into New York City schools.
- Upcoming Event: The Documentary Filmmaker as Journalist
What are the challenges of working in both the documentary and journalism spaces? Find out at the International Documentary Association’s upcoming Doc U panel discussion.
- Linklater, Like Flaherty Before Him
Like Flaherty, Linklater is pioneering a new form in film.
- Documentary Community Gathers at 2015 Cinema Eye Honors
If there is ever a question whether or not there's an actual community of documentary filmmakers, the first bit of evidence should be the Cinema Eye Honors.
- Enter the Edit: 'Tough Love' with Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt
Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt break down the edit of Stephanie Wang-Breal's documentary Tough Love, premiering November 15, 2014 in New York City at DOC NYC.
- Wednesday, December 3: A Conversation with Joshua Oppenheimer, director of 'The Act of Killing'
Ask The Act of Killing director Joshua Oppenheimer your questions on Google+. Join the chat live on Wednesday, December 3, 2014, at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Whitney Dow ('Whiteness Project')
"I believe that if I am ever really going to understand someone else's racial experience I had to understand my own first."