- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
"There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Theo Rigby ('Immigrant Nation')
Q&A with Immigrant Nation creator Theo Rigby.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Anrick Bregman and Nicole Paglia ('The Most Northern Place')
A Q&A with Anrick Bregman and Nicole Paglia, the creators of The Most Northern Place.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A With the Creator of 'Fukushima: The Eternal Season'
Q&A with Jake Price, the creator of Fukushima: The Eternal Season.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Eline Jongsma and Kel O'Neill ('Empire')
Kel O'Neill and Eline Jongsma take POV behind the scenes of Empire.
- Tuesday: Join a Live Chat About 'The Genius of Marian' and the New Challenges of Caregiving in America
Ask your questions on Google+. Join the chat live on Tuesday, September 9, 2014, at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Ask the Filmmakers: 'A World Not Ours' (Tue. Aug. 19, 2014)
Mahdi Fleifel, Patrick Campbell and Sari Hanafi are taking your questions live on Tuesday, August 19, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Join a Live Q&A with Donovan, Mr. Womack and the Filmmakers of 'The Jazz Ticket' – Tuesday!
Join the video chat on Google+ with the subjects and filmmakers of the inspiring documentary short. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at 7-8 PM ET (4-5 PM PT).
- Join an Online Chat with 'Fallen City' Filmmaker Qi Zhao
Fallen City director Qi Zhao is taking your questions in a live chat. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at 11 AM ET (8 AM PT).
- Networking Tips for Documentary Filmmakers
In the latest episode of TFI Live, POV Digital Executive Producer Adnaan Wasey offers tips for networking like a pro.
- #docchat: How to Make the Documentary Short – With Storyhunter & the Filmmakers of “The Jazz Ticket”
Join the video chat on Google+ this Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 1-2 PM (10-11 AM PT), and ask your questions about The Jazz Ticket and Storyhunter's editorial process.
- How To Survive As An Assistant Editor
"Staying organized as an assistant editor is probably more like keeping a clean and organized room, apartment or house than anyone realizes." Editor Colin Nusbaum shares everything you need to know to get started as a film editor.
- Ask Your Jewish Grandmother About “The Sturgeon Queens”
Smoked fish, caviar, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Mario Battali take the Jewish film festival circuit and PBS by storm with The Sturgeon Queens. Tom Roston talks to director Julie Cohen about the film.
- Film Anatomy: The Needle
Fernanda Rossi worked with filmmakers Carmen Oquendo-Villar, José Correa-Vigier and Felipe Tewes to turn their three rough cuts into one feature documentary, The Needle.
- #docchat: Documentary Engagement Strategy: Creating a Lasting Impact on Google+ (May 6, 2014)
Ask your questions about documentary engagement strategies for last impact on Google+! Tuesday, May 6, 12:30-1:15 PM ET / 9:30-10:15 AM PT.
- 5 Things Documentary Filmmakers Can Learn from Game Designers
Engagement, interaction, participation, messaging and the power of play: Five takeaways for filmmakers from Games for Change at Tribeca FIlm Festival's Innovation Week.
- Film Anatomy: Every Day Is a Holiday
Fernanda Rossi dissects the making of the documentary Every Day is a Holiday by Theresa Loong. Read about the filmmaker's smart moves, memorable moments and what she vows to never do again.
- 10 Tips for Successful Fundraising Demos
Viewing trailers may not render a single rule that applies to other projects or filmmakers. Yet there are some common principles that help the filmmaker think strategically about his or her choices. Here are my tips.