- Our Ethical Dilemma / Nuestro Dilema Ético
Filmmaker Pamela Yates finds out she got a scene in her film When the Mountains Tremble wrong, and returns to Guatemala to investigate. Read and watch in English and Spanish.
- Now Streaming: Girl Model, Scout's Honor, Granito, A Perfect Candidate, and 4 Shorts from the PBS Online Film Festival
POV now has four great feature-length documentaries streaming for free on its website: Scout's Honor, Granito: How to Nail a Dictator, When the Mountains Tremble, and A Perfect Candidate.
- Using a Film to Nail a Dictator
Pamela Yates, director of Granito: How to Nail a Dictator, describes the way that her film was used as evidence to bring General Efraín Ríos Montt to trial for genocide in Guatemala.
- Last Chance to Watch Select POV Short Docs Online!
Watch The Barber of Birmingham, Sin País and other documentary shorts free online while you can!
- “Powerful and Chilling”
Viewers of Granito: How to Nail a Dictator have told us they were profoundly moved by the film. Read some of their comments, then join the conversation.
- 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator' – The Critics Speak (Updated)
Tonight, Granito: How to Nail a Dictator airs on POV. Read what the critics have to say about this gripping film.
- The “Dictator” of 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator' Makes a Court Appearance
On Thursday, Efraín Ríos Montt, Guatemala's former military dictator, was ordered to stand trial on charges of genocide. Pamela Yates, director the upcoming POV film Granito: How to Nail a Dictator, filed this report from Guatemala via cell phone.
- Sundance Wrap-Up: The World Premieres of 'If a Tree Falls' (POV 2011) and 'Granito' (POV 2012)
POV’s coordinating producer Andrew Catauro attended the 2011 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT. Just a few days ago, my first ever Sundance experience came to an end (I’ve got the gift bag and a pesky headcold to prove it.). Now through the steam of my TheraFlu, I want to report back on the […]
- POV Announces Two Films at Sundance
We are excited to announce that two POV films will have their world premieres at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival next week in Park City, UT. The films are If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front by Marshall Curry and Granito by Pamela Yates. Each will have their national broadcast premieres […]