- We the Economy
This new online documentary series is striving to explain the economy through 20 short films.
- The Greatest Documentaries of All Time: Heidi Ewing on 'The Monastery: Mr. Vig and the Nun'
Ewing lauds the Danish film for capturing a great story about a true introvert.
- Years After a Festival Run, 'U.N. Me' Filmmakers Take a DIY Path to a Theatrical Release
U.N. Me, the first film from director/producers Ami Horowitz and Matt Groff, had a modest festival run starting in 2009. Now, almost three years later, they've raised the money to release the film themselves.
- Why Ewing & Grady Are Choosing to Self-Distribute 'Detropia'
The filmmaking team behind The Boys of Baraka, Jesus Camp and 12th & Delaware tells Doc Soup Man why they're self-distributing their new documentary, the lyrical Detropia.
- My Five Favorite Documentaries from True/False Film Fest 2012
Tom Roston recaps the Midwestern film festival True/False, where he saw a slate of inspiring documentaries including How to Survive a Plague, The Imposter, Bully, Searching for Sugar Man and Undefeated.
- Sundance 2012: The Man Behind the Docs Selling at Sundance
So far, who’s the most important person in docs at Sundance this year? A festival organizer? A doc subject? A director? Or none of the above?