- Doc Memo: Best Films of 2016 So Far, Women Directors Break Grierson Shortlist Record
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Dispatches from IDFA: All the Young Dudes
Kel O'Neill discusses the lack of diversity at the IDFA DocLab conference, and the effect of its absence.
- Dispatches from IDFA: The Third Entity
"My green button-down has been replaced by a grey pullover. Also, I am a woman." Kel O'Neill experiences life as the opposite gender in IDFA DocLab's gender-bending experiment The Machine To Be Another.
- Dispatches from IDFA: Research and Development
IDFA DocLab is a paradise for innovative storytelling, but who should foot the bill?
- Dispatches from IDFA: A Conversation with DocLab Architect Caspar Sonnen
Kel O'Neill (of Jongsma + O'Neill) sits down with IDFA DocLab creator Caspar Sonnen to discuss DocLab, digital storytelling, and the 'medium' of interactive documentaries — if it can be defined as a 'medium' at all.
- #docchat: Web Documentaries – Join POV's Open Twitter Chat on December 3
Join us on Twitter for a #docchat about Web Documentaries on Tuesday, December 3 from 12:30PM-2:30PM ET (9:30AM-11:30AM PT).
- Five Top Takeaways from Tribeca Film Institute's Interactive Day
Liz Nord provides five major takeaways from Tribeca Film Institute's 2013 Interactive Day, providing insights for filmmakers who are exploring the digital space for storytelling.
- The Best Documentaries of 2011 (Updated)
Nerd out to our infographic of the top documentaries of 2011, based on lists from critics, documentary festivals, industry organizations and online voting!
- The Best Documentaries of 2011
According to who you ask, the best documentary of 2011 could have been one of 67 films. Could it be The Interrupters? Nostalgia for the Light? Project Nim? Cave of Forgotten Dreams? We've constructed a handy graphic to help you make your own decision.
- IDA's Top 25 Docs List
The International Documentary Association (IDA) is celebrating their 25th anniversary this year, and last week they announced their list of the top 25 documentary films of all time. The list was tabulated from a poll of IDA members, which number over 3,000 and include filmmakers, executives and academics. Hoop Dreams snagged the top spot from […]