- Doc Memo: AFI DOCS Announces Its Full Lineup, 100+ Film Funding Resources
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Announcing POV Hackathon 8 (April 4-5, 2015 in New York City)
What could you make in a weekend? Applications are now open for the next POV Hackathon lab. Apply by March 6, 2015.
- Three Tips for Diverse Filmmakers Seeking Documentary Funding
Are you an emerging filmmaker of color? Funders are looking for you! Here are a few tips to help them find you.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'After Tiller' Airs Tonight
Check out our Storify round-up for inspiration on spreading the word about the film After Tiller, airing tonight on PBS! Use our sample tweets to help get the word out.
- Film Presence and After Tiller: An Outreach Case Study for Filmmakers
Our friends at IFP, Film Presence and the filmmakers of After Tiller treated a packed house at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP to an illuminating case study of the film’s outreach campaign and audience-building strategy.
- Tips for Making Your First Film: Choosing a Topic, Interviewing Like a Pro, and One Aspect of Filmmaking That's Often Overlooked
Getting ready to make your first film? First read these tips from leading youth filmmaking organizations.
- My Brooklyn: Replicating Their Model in Your Community
Kelly Anderson, Director of "My Brooklyn", sheds insight into her successful community engagement strategy.
- 6 Golden Rules for Filmmakers on Social Media
What's the best way to ensure success online? Read six tips for engaging your audience from Elisabeth Holm (Kickstarter), Gary Hustwit (Helvetica), Julie La'Bassiere (FilmBuff) and Mike Knowlton (StoryCode, Murmur).
- Doc Soup: So You Think You Can Doc
OK, so it wasn’t exactly the United Nations General Assembly, but the power in the room was palpable. Last week, while President Obama and other world leaders met further uptown, I attended The Good Pitch, the climactic event of IFP’s Independent Film Week of panels and screenings in New York City. The Good Pitch is […]
- Inside Independent Film Week with Milton Tabbot, Senior Director of Programming at IFP
POV’s series producer Yance Ford interviews Milton Tabbot, senior director of programming at IFP for an inside look at the world of independent filmmaking. IFP’s Independent Film Week will run from September 19-24 in New York, and IFP’s Filmmaker Conference will run concurrently, from September 19-23. Yance Ford: What is IFP and what’s your mission […]