- POV Commemorates World Refugee Day 2017
POV commemorated World Refugee Day with more than 20 screenings across the country of our Syrian films.
- A Syrian Girl Finds Her Way in 'Dalya's Other Country,' Airing June 26, 2017 on POV
POV's 30th season kicks off with a series of films on the Syrian war and the ongoing global refugee crisis. The first, Dalya's Other Country, follows a young Syrian girl and her mother who have been displaced by the war at home and are adjusting to their new life in Los Angeles.
- Four POV Documentaries to Discuss the Syrian Refugee Crisis
Use POV films and resources to discuss current issues around Syria, refugees and immigration.
- Featured Event: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) at the Chicago Public Library
Join the Chicago Public Library-South Chicago Branch for a free screening of "Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)" as part of their Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.
- Next on POV: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)
Since the age of 4, Angy Rivera has lived in the United States with a secret that threatens to upend her life: She is undocumented. Watch Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) - Monday on PBS.
- Featured Event: 'No Le Digas a Nadie (Don't Tell Anyone) in Miami, FL
Join Freedom Flicks for a free screening of 'No Le Digas A Nadie (Don't Tell Anyone),' as part of Lady Fest Miami.
- Special Event! POV Takes Over the Photoville NYC Beer Garden on September 18, 2015
POV takes over the Photoville Beer Garden on Friday, September 18, 2015! RSVP for a sneak-preview of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie), plus screenings of selected documentary shorts and an inside look at our series on PBS!
- POV's 'Neuland,' a Poignant Look at Young Migrants Trying to Make a New Life In Switzerland, Premieres Monday, Aug. 17, 2015 on PBS
Far from Home, Young Migrants Learn to Find Their Place in the World with the Help Of a Trusted Teacher
- 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' NYC Premiere at DCTV
POV partnered with DCTV to hold the New York City premiere of Don’t Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie), as part of DCTV Presents.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Theo Rigby ('Immigrant Nation')
Q&A with Immigrant Nation creator Theo Rigby.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Special Flight' – Available for Streaming Through July 31
Read what critics have been saying about POV's Special Flight, a film about the plight of undocumented foreigners at a Swiss detention center. Now streaming free for a limited time.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours 'Special Flight' Premieres Tonight on POV
Special Flightpremieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the film. Use our partner toolkit to join them.
- Special Flight: Live Chat with Filmmaker Fernand Melgar
Ask questions during our online chat with Special Flight Director Fernand Melgar on Tuesday, July 2, 2013, from 11AM-12PM ET (8AM-9AM PT).
- Immigration Issues in Documentaries: A Twitter Chat with Theo Rigby, Director of 'Sin País'
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 21, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. The director of Sin País will answer questions about immigration issues in documentaries.
- 'Bronx Princess' in the News
Rocky Otoo, 17, center, stands with her father, Nii Adjedu, left, and her mother “Auntie” Yaa Otoo, right, in the Bronx, NY. Credit: Photo by Yoni Brook/Highbridge Pictures POV aired the last film of our 2009 season last night on PBS. Bronx Princess is the story of Rocky Otoo, the Bronx-bred teenage daughter of Ghanaian […]
- POV Catches Up with “Made in L.A.” Filmmakers and Film Subjects
Select PBS stations are re-airing POV’s 2007 Emmy-winning film, Made in L.A., this week. (Check your local listings for day and time.) Since it’s been over two years since we’ve heard about the film’s subjects Lupe, Maura and Maria we asked filmmakers Almudena Carracedo and Robert Bahar to send us news about the […]
- 'Made in L.A.' Screening on Capitol Hill
Filmmakers Almudena Carracedo and Robert Bahar were just in Washington, D.C. for a screening of Made in L.A. on Capitol Hill. This event included comments and conversation with Congresswoman Diane Watson, ?Congressman Luis Gutierrez, chair of the Hispanic Congressional Caucus’ Immigration Taskforce, Frank Sharry, founder and executive director of America’s Voice, Bill Mefford, director of […]
- POV Alum Alex Rivera's “Sleep Dealer”
Filmmaker Alex Rivera‘s first feature documentary, The Sixth Section, premiered on POV in 2003. Since then, he has been working on his Sundance award-winning sci-fi thriller Sleep Dealer. The film, which A.O. Scott of the New York Times calls, “exuberantly entertaining — a dystopian fable of globalization disguised as a science-fiction adventure…” premieres in Los […]