- #ICYMI: 18 Wisdoms from Firelight's 'The Color of Impact' Panel at Tribeca
If, like me, you're a new arrival to the engagement field, insights from Firelight Media's The Color of Impact panelists during the Tribeca Film Festival are the orientation you need.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different?
A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.
- Community Spotlight: Pillsbury United Communities – Oak Park Center
Community Engagement and Education Intern Isaac J. Park asked Parent Engagement Specialist Nikki McComb eight questions about community organizing and her thoughts on Tough Love.
- Community Spotlight: IMPACT New Mexico
Community Engagement and Education Intern Camille Borders asked Executive Director Alena Schaim eight questions about community organizing and her thoughts on the film.
- A POV Intern's Perspective on Media, Impact and Viewer Responsibility
Community Engagement & Education Intern Marine offers her perspective on the impact of documentaries, and the responsibilities of viewers after credits roll.
- Passing the Baton: A Conversation with Engagement Strategist Lina Srivastava
This week, the POV Engagement team caught up with the strategist behind the Who Is Dayani Cristal? campaign. Lina Srivastava gives us an inside look on her team's goals for campaign and tips for other impact producers on "passing the baton".
- Congrats to the BRITDOC Impact Award Winners
POV gives a huge round of applause to this year's BRITDOC Impact Award winners! The BRITDOC Impact Award celebrates documentary films that have made the greatest impact on society.
- 10 Secrets for Making the Most of Your Film's Broadcast Premiere
Picture Motion's Alexandra Pearson and Megan Ryan take us behind the scenes of the social impact campaigns of five remarkable films that aired on CNN, HBO, OWN and POV.
- Film Presence and After Tiller: An Outreach Case Study for Filmmakers
Our friends at IFP, Film Presence and the filmmakers of After Tiller treated a packed house at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP to an illuminating case study of the film’s outreach campaign and audience-building strategy.
- #docchat: Documentary Engagement Strategy: Creating a Lasting Impact on Google+ (May 6, 2014)
Ask your questions about documentary engagement strategies for last impact on Google+! Tuesday, May 6, 12:30-1:15 PM ET / 9:30-10:15 AM PT.
- Apply for Britdoc's PUMA Impact Award
Our friends at Britdoc are bringing back The PUMA Impact Award for the 4th year. Submit your film before April 28th to this annual prize honoring the best in documentary filmmaking for social change.
- #365Docs: Blackfish (5/365)
I'm watching 365 documentaries and writing about each one in 2014. Tweet your suggestions to @documentarysite.
- POV + Public Libraries: Partnering to Enhance Civic Engagement
In 2013, POV took part in a study exploring the impact of community screenings of documentaries in public libraries on civic engagement. Explore the findings.
- What’s in a Name: Impact Producer
Jennifer MacArthur of Borderline Media defines what an impact producer is, and why it is beneficial for social issue documentary campaigns.
- Doc Soup: Two More Films for Veteran's Day
Having given a good think to Veteran’s Day and the film Hearts and Minds, I came across two other veteran-related films, one old and one new, that I think are worth tracking down. First, the new: Dan Cogan, from Impact Partners, whom I interviewed several weeks ago, tells me that Impact’s How to Fold a […]