- PBS Listening Tour Surveys Offer Road Map
It wasn’t possible for everyone’s voice to be heard at the New York Listening Tour stop on February 23rd. To take advantage of this moment to hear from our community, we conducted two surveys around the New York Listening Tour stop.
- Announcing POV's 2015 Season on PBS
Get a sneak preview of POV's 2015 lineup and help us spread the news about the films you're looking forward to seeing most!
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City
The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Brooklyn Raised: Rooftop Films & the Spirit of Brooklyn Summer
Brooklyn-raised POV Eastman Fellow Kendra Williams reflects on her Rooftop Films experience and talks with program director Dan Nuxoll about another season of showing films in high places.
- Recommended Reading: The “360 Equation”: The One Business Model Every Filmmaker Needs To Know
Marc Schiller of BOND360 explains his company's approach to independent distributing.
- POV Announces Documentary Lineup For Its 26th Season on PBS
Moving to Monday nights on PBS, the regular season kicks off with Homegoings and closes with Best Kept Secret, and features special presentations of 56 Up, American Promise, Brooklyn Castle and a special from StoryCorps.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Vote to Determine the People's Choice Winner
All of the films from PBS's second Online Film Festival are now online! Watch and vote for your favorite shorts!
- Four POV Short Films Selected for PBS 2013 Online Film Festival
Four of the 25 independent short films will be presented by POV: Ars Magna, CatCam, Sin País and Sound of Vision.
- Facebook? Twitter? Help! – Tips and Tricks for Filmmakers on Social Media
It's a new year. Festivals are gearing up again. And you think, how do I market my film on social media? Here is a list of some evergreen tips to get the ball rolling.
- Seed&Spark: Introducing a New Platform and Ecosystem for Independent Film
This Saturday, December 1, Seed&Spark will roll out its platform, aiming to provide a whole new ecosystem for the funding and distribution of independent films.
- An Independent in Wonderland
In 1988, Documentary Magazine featured an article written by Marc Weiss, POV's series creator and then executive producer, during POV's first year on PBS. Read what he had to say about getting the series off the ground and on public broadcasting.
- Preview POV's 25th Season
Watch a video preview of the films coming up in the 2012 season of POV!
- It's a Great Day for Independent Film and Public Television
We're excited to announce, with PBS and ITVS, a new strategy to boost the year-round audience for POV and Independent Lens. Beginning this fall, both series will switch to Monday nights.
- Five POV Short Films Selected for PBS Online Film Festival
PBS announced today that it will launch its first Online Film Festival, showcasing of 20 short films from independent filmmakers. The selections include five POV short films: Seltzer Works, The Archive, This Gay and Age, Flawed, and 34x25x36.