- Doc Memo: Olympic Documentaries to Watch on the #RoadToRio
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different?
A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.
- PBS National Listening Tour News Round-Up
After the final stop of the PBS National Listening Tour, POV offers this round-up of organizations and individuals lending their voice to the conversation.
- 'India's Daughter' and the Importance of Social-Issue Documentaries
Banned from television in India as "objectionable content," Leslee Udwin's controversial documentary India's Daughter forces us to take a closer look at the 2012 gang rape in Dehli.
- PBS Listening Tour Surveys Offer Road Map
It wasn’t possible for everyone’s voice to be heard at the New York Listening Tour stop on February 23rd. To take advantage of this moment to hear from our community, we conducted two surveys around the New York Listening Tour stop.
- PBS Listening Tour Comes to New York City: A Report
PBS, ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, Indie Caucus and WNET hosted a full house on the Independent Film on PBS Listening Tour in New York City on February 23, 2015.
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City
The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Regarding Independent Film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21
A joint statement WNET, PBS, ITVS, Independent Lens and POV regarding independent film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21.
- POV at NCSS and NCTE
POV was thrilled to be a part of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) conference in Boston this November. As always, we received a warm welcome from teachers and we're excited to showcase our educational resources alongside Independent Lens.
- A Different Kind of Fight Film: Bill Siegel's “The Trials of Muhammad Ali”
The Trials of Muhammad Ali gives a purposeful look to Ali's life outside of the ring. Doc Soup Man Tom Roston interviews director Bill Siegel about the making of the film.
- PBS Indies Shorts – Now Streaming at POV
Celebrate independent films with the PBS Indies Shorts by streaming three new POV shorts.
- Coming to POV in October 2013: '56 Up' and 'Brooklyn Castle'
The first-ever PBS Indies Showcase debuts this fall with four critically acclaimed documentaries from the award-winning series POV and our sister series, Independent Lens.
- May 31: Navigating Funding and Broadcast Opportunities in Public Television
Join POV and ITVS for a forum about funding and broadcast opportunities for independents in New York City on May 31, 2012.
- It's a Great Day for Independent Film and Public Television
We're excited to announce, with PBS and ITVS, a new strategy to boost the year-round audience for POV and Independent Lens. Beginning this fall, both series will switch to Monday nights.
- Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS
Simon Kilmurry, Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV, will be participating in the "Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS" panel hosted by the International Documentary Association (IDA) on May 10th.
- Toward a Cultural Institution Dedicated to Documentary
Heather McIntosh provides a survey of organizations whose relationship to the documentary form, or dedication to the form have helped shape and promote the genre.