- Doc Memo: Filmmakers Support #RightToRecord, Exploring Social Problems Through Film
POV’s daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.
- Getting Real: A New Documentary Conference Aiming for Industry Action, Not Just Conversation
International Documentary Association director Michael Lumpkin gives POV a preview of its new documentary conference, Getting Real, and his hopes for changing the documentary industry. Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2014 in Los Angeles.
- POV Hackathon: Last Call for Volunteers!
Want a behind-the-scenes look into the creation of interactive documentaries? Volunteer for POV Hackathon 5 or 6 in New York or Los Angeles!
- POV Hackathon 6: The Projects!
Five teams of media creators and technologists have been selected to participate in POV Hackathon 6. RSVP to attend the May 18 Los Angeles Screening at The Hub LA.
- POV Receives 2013 IDA Documentary Award Nomination for Best Continuing Series
POV is honored to be recognized as a nominee for Best Continuing Series by the 29th annual IDA Documentary Awards.
- With New Documentary Requirements, Oscar Is Just Being Oscar
Heather McIntosh talks with Michael Moore about the new process for documentary Oscar eligibility, and rounds up the flurry of commentary about the changes in the film press.
- IDA's Doc U Comes to POV with the Panel “Can Your Documentary Make a Difference?”
POV is proud to welcome the International Documentary Association (IDA)'s Doc U on the Road to Brooklyn on Monday, December 12, 2012.
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Documentary Fans and Documentarians
Watch, Make, Learn! This year give the gift of documentaries. For once, we mean it literally!