- PBS National Listening Tour News Round-Up
After the final stop of the PBS National Listening Tour, POV offers this round-up of organizations and individuals lending their voice to the conversation.
- PBS Listening Tour Comes to New York City: A Report
PBS, ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, Indie Caucus and WNET hosted a full house on the Independent Film on PBS Listening Tour in New York City on February 23, 2015.
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City
The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Regarding Independent Film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21
A joint statement WNET, PBS, ITVS, Independent Lens and POV regarding independent film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21.
- PBS Indies Shorts – Now Streaming at POV
Celebrate independent films with the PBS Indies Shorts by streaming three new POV shorts.
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.
- Giveaway: Win a StoryCorps Animated Shorts DVD
Thanks for joining our OVEE online "social screening" of StoryCorps Animated Shorts. Enter now for a chance to bring these films home with your own StoryCorps Animated Shorts DVD.
- BizVizz: A Mobile App Inspired by a Documentary Film
Independent journalist Tom Roston talks with filmmaker Brad Lichtenstein, who directed a documentary, then created a corporate accountability app. The app is in Apple's App Store today, and the film re-airs on PBS's Independent Lens tonight.
- BizVizz: The Making of a Documentary App
Filmmaker Brad Lichtenstein recounts his journey for creating BizVizz, a corporate accountability app inspired his documentary As Goes Janesville.
- May 31: Navigating Funding and Broadcast Opportunities in Public Television
Join POV and ITVS for a forum about funding and broadcast opportunities for independents in New York City on May 31, 2012.
- Join a “Social Screening” of the Peabody Award-Winning StoryCorps Animated Shorts
Join POV, StoryCorps and ITVS for a special "social" screening of StoryCorps Shorts on Tuesday, May 15.
- It's a Great Day for Independent Film and Public Television
We're excited to announce, with PBS and ITVS, a new strategy to boost the year-round audience for POV and Independent Lens. Beginning this fall, both series will switch to Monday nights.
- Live Chat with PBS NewsHour's Hari Sreenivasan and 'China Blue' Filmmaker About Working Conditions in Chinese Factories
Chat live with PBS NewsHour's Hari Sreenivasan about the documentary China Blue, which examines the brutal work conditions at blue jean factory in China. Chat starts at 11AM PT / 2PM ET on Friday, August 12, 2011.
- Live Chat: Young Women's Voices in Media
Join 2011 Project Voicescape grantees Negesti Cantave and Morgan Wilcock on Monday, July 11, at 6 PM ET for a live chat about the future of the media industry from the perspective of young creative women.
- ITVS Announces 50-Film Documentary Campaign About Women and Leadership
Our friends at ITVS have announced “Women and Girls Lead,” a major public media initiative that’s set to showcase more than 50 documentaries about women, girls and leadership over the next three years and bring conversation around the issues of equal access, freedom, and opportunity into communities in the United States and around the world. […]
- Doc Soup: So You Think You Can Doc
OK, so it wasn’t exactly the United Nations General Assembly, but the power in the room was palpable. Last week, while President Obama and other world leaders met further uptown, I attended The Good Pitch, the climactic event of IFP’s Independent Film Week of panels and screenings in New York City. The Good Pitch is […]
- Greenhouse Fund – Notes from the Field
POV Executive Director Simon Kilmurry has just returned from the Greenhouse Fund seminars in Izmir, Turkey. The third year of the Greenhouse Fund seminars concluded last week in Izmir, Turkey. Greenhouse is a professional initiative devoted to the development of documentaries from across the Mediterranean region. It is funded by the European Union, and features […]