- The Real Subjects, Real People, Real Experiences at Full Frame 2016
Doc Soup Man's biggest takeaway from Full Frame? Documentary honesty.
- We the Economy
This new online documentary series is striving to explain the economy through 20 short films.
- Do Documentary Filmmakers Deserve Screenwriting Credit?
Documentarians write while preparing a film and editing it, but there's little writing that makes it into many kinds of nonfiction. What do you think?
- Oscar 2012: Predicting the Documentary Winners
Who will win? Doc Soup Man has picked it for four years running. But this year, he says, is one of the closest races in years.
- With New Documentary Requirements, Oscar Is Just Being Oscar
Heather McIntosh talks with Michael Moore about the new process for documentary Oscar eligibility, and rounds up the flurry of commentary about the changes in the film press.
- Documentary Year in Review Countdown #1: The West Memphis 3, Subjects of the 'Paradise Lost' Documentary Series, Are Set Free
POV is counting down the top documentary stories of 2011 on New Year's Eve 2012.
- Doc Soup: The 10 Most Unforgettable Moments in Documentary History
Independent journalist Tom Roston checks in with a list of moments that remind us why we love documentaries. What would top your list?
- Doc Soup: A Documentary Dispatch from the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston recaps the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival and previews films you can hope to see in theaters in the coming months.
- The Fate of Documentary?
In a response to a New York Press essay about the current state of documentaries, guest blogger Heather McIntosh of Documentary Site offers a second view, that documentaries are thriving and always have.
- Weekly Roundup: POV's 2010 Season and the Court Decision on 'Crude'
The POV office has been busy over the past few weeks as we get ready to kick off our 23rd season on June 22, 2010! Here’s a roundup of news about POV films and from around the documentary world. Getafilm Blog previews the 2010 POV season and says that through the series, “nearly every week […]