- #365Docs: Stop Making Sense (61/365)
I'm watching 365 documentaries and writing about each one in 2014. Tweet your suggestions to @documentarysite.
- Jonathan Demme Remembers Robert “Cousin Bobby” Wilkinson Castle
Filmmaker Jonathan Demme remembers the long-lost cousin and fiery Harlem-based Episcopal priest who became the subject of his 1993 POV documentary Cousin Bobby.
- Critics Praise 'I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful'
Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful, which follows one woman as she struggles to rebuild her home after Hurricane Katrina. Premieres September 21, 2012, on PBS.
- Next on POV: 'I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful'
The story of a lifelong resident of the Lower Ninth Ward who fights for the right to rebuild her home and her community. Premieres Thursday, September 20, 2012 on POV.
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'I'm Carolyn Parker' on Your iPhone or iPad
POV and PBS presents a free exclusive sneak preview of I'm Carolyn Parker starting Monday September 17, 2012 only on the PBS video apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch!
- Daniel Wolff on Tour: More than a Story about New Orleans
Meet I’m Carolyn Parker Producer Daniel Wolff in-person during a nine-city book and screening tour beginning on Thursday, August 16, 2012, in New Orleans and ending in Woodstock, NY, on October 13, 2012.
- Join POV & Filmwax at The Brooklyn Museum for Jonathan Demme's I'm Carolyn Parker
We're excited to begin our second year of Thursdays @ 7 screenings with the Brooklyn Museum. And this year we're glad to have Filmwax Film Series as a presenting partner!
- POV Announces Documentary Lineup for Its 25th Season on PBS
This year on POV, you'll see remarkable individuals challenging authority and their own limitations to indict a dictator, keep investigative journalism alive, rebuild after Katrina and find strength in love.
- The 2011 Documentary Oscars: My Shortlist
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston proposes an entirely different list of 15 films that could have just as easily been deemed Oscar-worthy.
- From Occupy Wall Street Protester to Live Documentarian
Thorin Caristo, an amateur cameraman, joined the Occupy Wall Street movement on Day One as a protester, but he was quickly persuaded to join its media team. Now livestreaming videos around the clock from Zuccotti Park, Caristo lets us in on how he's documenting a burgeoning social-media uprising.