- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 1: Creative Use of Archival Footage
Joseph Krings, Mary Lampson, and Maya Mumma in conversation with Ashley Clark examine creative approaches to editing with archival footage.
- Contemplating the Cut: Takeaways and Tips for Documentary Editors
Useful insights for documentary editors and their collaborators from Contemplating the Cut 2017.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 2: Craft Conversations
Lindsay Utz and Chyld King share insights with moderator Marshall Curry about their process, deconstructing approaches to vérité and interview-based films.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Leigh Johnson
In the third edition of Enter the Edit, our guide will be 2017 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Leigh Johnson.
- Enter the Edit: Activating Feelings of Immediacy and Intimacy With a Film
How to make the audience feel like they're in the moment.
- Enter the Edit: How to Navigate the Documentary Editing World
It's a tired cliche, but don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Enter the Edit: The Challenges of Being Both Director and Editor
What happens when you have to be both at the same time?
- Enter the Edit: A Crash Course On Structuring Social-Issue Documentary
Famed film editor Kim Roberts, A.C.E. shares documentary wisdom.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- Enter the Edit: A Conversation With Editor Jonathan Oppenheim
Colin Nusbaum speaks with his Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow mentor, esteemed editor Jonathan Oppenheim, about his editing process.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
"There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- How To Survive As An Assistant Editor
"Staying organized as an assistant editor is probably more like keeping a clean and organized room, apartment or house than anyone realizes." Editor Colin Nusbaum shares everything you need to know to get started as a film editor.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Colin Nusbaum
Get started with POV's new series delving into the craft of documentary editing with 2014 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Colin Nusbaum.