Eyes on the Prize is the most comprehensive — and moving — civil rights documentary series ever made. The landmark production by Blackside — which runs a formidable 14 hours in total — was first aired on PBS in two parts in 1987 and 1990. The series traces the Civil Rights Movement from the ’50sContinue reading this entry »
The Genius of Marian
January 26, 2015
Washington, District of Columbia
Join us for a special congressional screening of The Genius of Marian at the Capitol Hill Visitor Center. Speakers will include David Hyde Pierce, actor and activist, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich), Simon Kilmurry, executive producer of POV, Ed White, husband of Pamela White, and Devon White Angelini, daughter of Pamela White. The event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited and RSVP is required: http://bit.ly/1zu583q.
Join us for a light reception at 6pm, before the screening. Guests can enter the main CVC entrance and notify security they are going to the Genius of Marian screening. Guests are encouraged to visit the following website for very important information on coming to the U.S. Capitol, including a list of prohibited items: www.visitthecapitol.gov.
More info »
- Tom Roston's Top 10 Documentaries of 2014
- Introducing a Remote Control for Virtual Reality Films (Hint: It's in Your Pocket)
- Strangers at Sea: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes
- Tabitha Jackson Shifts Sundance Institute's Documentary Focus Towards Aesthetics
- POV Hackathon 7: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology