- POV Announces Documentary Lineup for Its 25th Season on PBS
This year on POV, you'll see remarkable individuals challenging authority and their own limitations to indict a dictator, keep investigative journalism alive, rebuild after Katrina and find strength in love.
- POV Viewers Cheer for 'Racing Dreams'
A quick roundup of some of the reactions viewers have had to Marshall Curry's Racing Dreams.
- Watch 'Racing Dreams' Online (for a Limited Time!)
Racing Dreams, the winner of the Best Documentary Feature Award at the Tribeca Film Festival, is streaming for a limited time on POV's website.
- Ask Director Marshall Curry and Driver Annabeth Barnes About 'Racing Dreams'
On Friday, February 24, 2012, at 2 PM ET, director Marshall Curry and driver Annabeth Barnes are taking questions from viewers about the documentary Racing Dreams.
- Next on POV: 'Racing Dreams'
Drivers, start your engines! POV presents the broadcast premiere of Marshall Curry's Racing Dreams, a film that follows three elite "tween" go-kart racers as they dream of NASCAR fame.
- Oscar 2012: Predicting the Documentary Winners
Who will win? Doc Soup Man has picked it for four years running. But this year, he says, is one of the closest races in years.
- Oscar 2012: Watch 'If a Tree Falls' Online at POV, Academy Award Nominee for Best Documentary Feature
The Oscar®-nominated documentary If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front (POV 2011) is streaming for a limited time on POV's website.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Racing Dreams' – Airs 2/23 on PBS
Read what critics have to say about Racing Dreams, a documentary that chronicles a year in the life of three tweens who dream of becoming NASCAR drivers.
- Oscar 2012: Best Feature Documentary Nominees List Includes 'If a Tree Falls'
The Academy has announced its nominees for 2011's Best Documentary Feature and Documentary Short Subject, which includes two POV films: If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front and The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Holiday Crowd-Fundraising Tips from 7 Documentary Insiders
The holiday season is no holiday for documentary producers looking to raise funds, but some documentarians say it's as good a time as any.
- Critical Acclaim for 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front' – Airs 9/13 on PBS
Read what critics have to say about If a Tree Falls, the POV documentary that explores two of America's most pressing issues — environmentalism and terrorism.
- BAMcinemaFEST 2011: Oscar Nominee Marshall Curry on 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front'
Freelance journalist Adam Schartoff checks in from BAMcinemaFEST 2011. In this dispatch, Schartoff talks with POV alum Marshall Curry about his new documentary, which leads the festival's nonfiction lineup and airs later this summer on POV.
- BAMcinemaFEST Kicks Off Third Season Bringing Blue Chip Docs to Brooklyn
Freelance journalist and film programmer Adam Schartoff previews the documentary slate at Brooklyn's BAMcinemaFEST, June 16-26, 2011.
- POV Films and Filmmakers at the 2011 Human Rights Watch Film Festival
Three POV films have their New York City premieres this month at the 2011 Human Rights Watch Film Festival: Better This World, Granito and If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front.
- Sundance Wrap-Up: The World Premieres of 'If a Tree Falls' (POV 2011) and 'Granito' (POV 2012)
POV’s coordinating producer Andrew Catauro attended the 2011 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT. Just a few days ago, my first ever Sundance experience came to an end (I’ve got the gift bag and a pesky headcold to prove it.). Now through the steam of my TheraFlu, I want to report back on the […]
- POV Announces Two Films at Sundance
We are excited to announce that two POV films will have their world premieres at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival next week in Park City, UT. The films are If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front by Marshall Curry and Granito by Pamela Yates. Each will have their national broadcast premieres […]
- Link Roundup
MoMA’s retrospective of Kim Longinotto‘s work starts this week. This is a rare chance to see all of Kim’s masterful films in America, and to hear from Kim herself — she is considered one of the foremost vérité filmmakers in the documentary world. Kim’s film Hold Me Tight, Let Me Go will air on POV […]
- Link Roundup
POV alum Sam Kauffman, whose thoughtful and provocative short film, Massacre at Murambi, premiered on POV in 2007, has been awarded a Guggenheim fellowship. In this BU Today article, Sam talks about how he plans on using the fellowship to return to Africa. Another POV alum, Marshall Curry, whose Street Fight (POV 2005) was nominated […]